• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help help with problem in valuejet 2638

jcarlo74

I have 3 months with the problem of loss of magenta, when doing a litle charge the nozzle check is great, but when printing something magenta begins to lose the tonality. I make the nozzle check and I see that up to 90% of magenta ink was lost. I changed the head to the other 1638 valuejet machine and it worked perfect.

Attachments

• 1 -Nozzle Check Grate.jpg
    1 -Nozzle Check Grate.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 229
  • 2- loss of ink.jpg
    2- loss of ink.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 166
  • 3- Endurance Nozzle.jpg
    3- Endurance Nozzle.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
  • 4-Test Magenta.jpg
    4-Test Magenta.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
  • 5-Lines without bubbles.jpg
    5-Lines without bubbles.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 158
  • 5-Other Lines.jpg
    5-Other Lines.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 178

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Change the maintenance station DG-43329 or pump hoses could be plugged.

Attachments

• Maint 1638.pdf
    505.2 KB · Views: 138

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
The only other issue I can think of is you are getting air in the magenta ink line. Replace O-rings. With ink valve closed pull on magenta ink line with a syringe. You should not be able to pull it with out it going back.

jcarlo74

I appreciate the support,

I tell you that I like to maintain the service station, such as cleaning hoses, obstructions, changing caps, I have three years with the machine and I do not change the service station only the caps, I read that it has to change every year, but it had not caused me problems.
I am very interested in proving that the magenta line does not leak air. but I did not understand (With ink valve closed) how is it closed? .

What I did was the back where the union of the hoses, remove the magenta ink because they think that it may be the quality of the ink and the part that comes from the heads I could only withdraw very little since it was generated empty and the syringe was returning..

jcarlos

We have had a Mutoh VJ 2638 by 3 years.
But we have had this kind of problems from the beginning with different colors. Some times magenta, some times cyan some times black, suffers loss of color.

We were using Bourdeux ink. Some people told us the problem is the ink, so from 3 months ago we changed to STS ink, installed new heads, new dumpers and new service station. We were working fine 2 months but now we have the same problem again.

That is very frustrating. I know friends who have mutoh 1638 and they tell me they dont have this kind of problems. At least no so often.

Any idea what could be the problem? thank you very much.

Last edited: