• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with Roland Soljet 3 XC540 - head and print issues

BDD

Hi Everyone! I need help troubleshooting my Roland Soljet 3 XC540. In the attached picture is the first test print where the print issues were in C only. We flushed the lines for light magenta and got some clumpy ink out. Pulled clean ink through the damper, it still wasn’t working. Flushed the head and cap top, still not working. We switched the ribbons for light magenta and light cyan to see if it was the ribbon and then the light cyan also stopped working, we blew the fuse. We switched fuses A and C to confirm it was the fuse and light cyan came back A not working. Switched them back, light cyan not working. A worked again but we started having trouble with the left side of A print heads and black (see second picture).

Replaced the fuses, C still not working. A and black remained the same with missing left side. Switched out the print head for light magenta, still not working. Changed the damper on light magenta, still not working. Checked ribbons for C by switching with B, B working C not working so ribbons seem to all be working fine. Switched the cap top of light magenta with magenta, light magenta not working magenta working so I don’t think it’s the cap top. Maybe the pump because light magenta captop was dry before the switch???

We don't know what else to try. I have to get up and running asap, my machine has been down for a week and I have orders I need to fill. Thank you for any help you can give me!

Attachments

• 1st test print.JPG
    1st test print.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 512
  • last test print.JPG
    last test print.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 374

crny1

Are you sure the dampners are full? Air leak in a line maybe?I had this problem on mine and the dampner ended up not being full enough to get the ink flowing. Make sure you pull a significant amount through the cap tops in those heads. Watch for bubbles in the syringe when doing so. May be a indicator of a line with a air leak.

BDD

Are you sure the dampners are full? Air leak in a line maybe?I had this problem on mine and the dampner ended up not being full enough to get the ink flowing. Make sure you pull a significant amount through the cap tops in those heads. Watch for bubbles in the syringe when doing so. May be a indicator of a line with a air l

Thanks for your reply! We pulled the ink to fill the damper about half way. I didn't think of an air leak in the line, I can check that.

BDD

I just wanted to come back and update. We pulled the ink through the bottom of the cap tops and everything started printing perfectly! C keeps going out though so we tried pulling the ink through again and we could hear air hissing so there's definitely and air leak. We are replacing the lines and hopefully we should be good to go. Thank you for everyone's input. We really appreciate it!