• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP with Signmate Express

Hi... i am new to the forum and apologize for this long winded problem...

10 years ago i started a small sign business when i was in college. I bought a Roland Camm CX-24 which came with Signmate Express (with a dongle hardware key). I did all of my main production through Signmate as it was very easy. a few years back i changed directions with my life and got out of the sign business. I held onto the Plotter to use for personal projects, but haven't cut in a year or so. Unfortunately Since then i upgraded my computers and need to re-install Signmate now that i want to cut again. I have my original install CD along with my hardware key (dongle). Unfortunately somehow over the years my install disc got scratched bad and i get an error when trying to install it. I tried calling the company (Ordway Sign Supply) which i purchased the plotter and software from years ago, but they no longer support signmate express nor have any old copies around. They directed me to Roland and then other companies to try to find support. Ive called everyone that sells rolands 10 years ago and spoke to the manufacturer, no one can help me re-install the software. Yes i know i can just cut from Adobe or Corel now for future small projects, but my concern is all of my old projects, they were all saved in signmate as *.sm files. From the research i have done, nothing else can open these SM files. I dont need most of them anymore, but there are a few that are very important that i would give anything to get back the ability to access that file (or even export to an *.ai or anything else). Since i have my hardware key, i was hoping someone might be able to help who has an old copy of signmate express (i have a picture of the CD so we can compare version) that they are willing to make a copy of or sell me or send me an image file. PLEASE PLEASE, can anyone help?
Thank you!
Adam

CS-SignSupply

Buy Flexi STARTER OR Flexi SIGN.... these WILL import the .SM files.

What operating system is installed on your computer?

Call me if you need help.

Mainframe

I would use Cyber Supply, the link I gave was just to hook you up with the program, It is ALWAYS best to deal with someone you have a connection with, thus being Signs 101, Good luck.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the help!

CiberSupply - My computer i would like to use is Windows 7, but in anticipation of trying to get the old software working i imaged a pc with Windows XP service pack 1. That was the last operating system i had that i know worked with Signmate.

I didnt know that Flexi would import the SM files, that's great! But i was hoping to not have to spend hundreds now, since i am not in business anymore, but just doing as an occasional hobby with my old equipment. What is the cheapest version i could get away with?

MrG

Here is a link to the Flexi software at Master warehouse, the Signmate was written by SAi who calls it FLexi now, The flexi software will open your old files, that is the only software that will open your old signmate files I think.

http://www.masterwarehouse.com/show_product_list.php?product=0012-Flexi Software/0001-Flexi 10 PC
Another, virtually unknown program that also opens old SignMate (.sm) and Flexi files is TraffiCAD, which is used for professional highway signs. Find it at TraffiCAD.com.
SignMate files created on an old Mac will also import just fine into newer Win and Mac versions of Flexi. But you will need similar fonts if you want the same look, etc.