• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with USTECH laminator

Evoindustries

OK so i have a UsTECH VT600 and was working AWESOME. Until lately I dont know what the hell is going on but i am getting silvering from hell! And as soon as I load back into the printer to cut the silvering turns into pea size bubbles... It was working amazing just a week ago. I did a 60ft straight run perfectly.. Now not so much. Any ideas??

AF

did you leave the nip closed and under pressure for a long time? It could be that the rollers developed flat spots.

player

If everything is being done correctly, I wonder if the roller pressure is even.

I checked mine by getting a piece of very thin shim stock and connecting it to a fish scale.

I put the metal strip in the rollers on the left, turned on the laminator, and held the fish scale. The amount of pull on the metal strip is shown on the fish scale. I then checked the middle and the right side. This will tell you if the rollers are bent, or if the pressure is uneven from one end to the other.

Just a thought...

Evoindustries

I am using the same laminate. its a 10 mil motorsports lam. Same roll no changes. Looks like I will be staying late tonight to try and figure this out.. I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned!
Thanks everyone.