• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help - XC-540 Can't park heads - Service 0101 error

Salmoneye

I tried to run a limit initialization and somehow screwed that up. Now, every time I try to enter LIMIT INITIALIZE mode it instead goes into cleaning mode until I get a Service 0101 error. Any ideas how to get back into initialize mode so I can try to run it again?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you pushing the Left, Up and Right buttons while turning on the sub power? The machine probably wants to clean because it knows the heads have not been capped. Try turning the machine on using the main power button in the back while trying to get into the limit position mode that way.

Salmoneye

Yes, I am pushing all three while turning on the sub power. I have also tried pushing all three while resetting the main power and both ways it just attempts a cleaning cycle then gives me the error code.

Salmoneye

Finally got the heads parked by turning the belt that drives the capping station with a screw driver (can't find the head parking tool).

If I turn the main power on again it's just going to drop the capping station and try to clean again and give an error instead of entering limit position initialization.

Salmoneye

Bump, Anyone? I still can't print. If I turn it on I just get a cleaning cycle starting. My limits are out of whack and I will need to get a limit initialization started.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was hoping someone had a better way to do this as there has to be a better way but I will throw out this idea that has worked for me.

With the machine turned off and unplugged, take the battery out of the main board and boot up again in the limit position mode. As far as I know the battery is just there to keep the time and date right and run the memory that remembers that the machine needs to be cleaned and other temporary information. I have done this with success before but just know that it is probably not the correct way to do it and it is up to you if you want to take a chance.

Salmoneye

I will have to do a little poking around, I don't even know where the main board is located yet. Probably need to take some static precautions too, there seems to be a lot of it here right now.
Thanks.