• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Huge issue....I am having a problem with Flexi opening files that another computer saved, and the file has any type of bitmap...TIF, JPG, etc. When I open the file the image is a random series of vertical multicolor lines. The computer I am opening on is the RIP, so I can't print anything because of this. What is going on here? Just started happening.

EDIT: Strangely, I tried IMPORTING the Flexi file this time, and no issue. So the problem is opening the file vs. importing.

AF

Can you still open the files in your image editor? It sounds like the files have been encrypted by a virus or something.

eahicks

Can you still open the files in your image editor? It sounds like the files have been encrypted by a virus or something.
No I generated the image myself, importing an AI file a customer sent, into Flexi, which has a raster background, then saving the FS file.
This happens opening many older files already in our system, so something is up with this installation of Flexi. I guess next step is to re-install and see what happens.

AKwrapguy

No I generated the image myself, importing an AI file a customer sent, into Flexi, which has a raster background, then saving the FS file.
This happens opening many older files already in our system, so something is up with this installation of Flexi. I guess next step is to re-install and see what happens.

I randomly have raster images in Flexi that don't look right on my screen. They offten look distorted or effects are but if I zoom in or out they return to normal. Could it just be a processing or rendering issue/bug in Flexi. I also know that when ever I'm on with tech support they always suggest to importing non-native files rather than opening them.

eahicks

I randomly have raster images in Flexi that don't look right on my screen. They offten look distorted or effects are but if I zoom in or out they return to normal. Could it just be a processing or rendering issue/bug in Flexi. I also know that when ever I'm on with tech support they always suggest to importing non-native files rather than opening them.
No this isn't distortion....this is flat out destruction. It looks like a multicolor bar code. And it IS a native file - created in Flexi, opened in Flexi. The rasters are from other sources, obviously. I'll dig in to this more myself I guess, with re-install as last resort. I'm checking the color settings and all the file specs to see what might do this.

AKwrapguy

No this isn't distortion....this is flat out destruction. It looks like a multicolor bar code. And it IS a native file - created in Flexi, opened in Flexi. The rasters are from other sources, obviously. I'll dig in to this more myself I guess, with re-install as last resort. I'm checking the color settings and all the file specs to see what might do this.

What version of Flexi are you using? It was original a .ai file?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's no standard for handling bitmaps, especially transparencies, and gradients. Each proprietary package deals with them differently. Pair this with each proprietary package importing and unpacking them differently and there you are. Generally a PDF is safe but EPS and AI can be problematic. Or not, depending.