• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hemingway font

ucmj22

Is this a font or just a beautiful one off rendition of his signature? It is used on the cover of "For Whom the Bell Tolls". I think it might be a rendition of his signature, because the "H" uses a strikethrough like his, and the "e" in Hemingway matches the "E" in Ernest, but the "e" in Ernest is defferent just like his signature.

Attachments

• ehemmingway.jpg
    ehemmingway.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 212

SignosaurusRex

I got nothing. Looking close...the n's are different. Initially I thought I had seen it before but I'm sure I had it confused with something from Sudtipos or Canada Type. I've done some pretty deep searching and come up empty.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
The lettershapes look to be brush-formed, so, unless Hemingway signed his name with a brush, its likely not his signature.

ucmj22

it is certainly not his signature, but it has elements that plays off of his signature, such as the matching of the E's, the strikethrough of the H, and the separation of g and w.

ucmj22

Not a Font

It's Going to be!

... I'm in so over my head on this... I never intended for my first font creation to be a script, but eh, might as well dive in to the deep end.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 4.05.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 4.05.47 PM.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 123

ucmj22

So what happened to the Worlds Fair typeface

havent started it yet. I wasnt as excited about that one as I was with this one. I really like this one for some reason. The thought that I might be able to make some money on it if I actually do it right is a nice motivator as well.

ucmj22

Same thing I will don for question marks ampersands and alternate glyphs, create them in a style that fits seamlessly with the characters I do have.