Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here for a reason. . . .H-E-L-P!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wolfiebear, Sep 29, 2012.

1. wolfiebear

wolfiebear New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    My friend Bernie tells me this is the place to be with lots of knowledgeable folks!

It looks like the guys who moved me to my new placed screwed up my Vinyl Cutter.

I found the machine with the belt off, (even after explicit directions to handle with kid gloves and place it on a bed of pillows I had prepared for it.) I put the belt back on to the best of my ability(can it be done incorrectly???), but now the cutter head does not return and simply bangs on the right side of the machine making a ghastly noise.

I can manually force <gasp> the head back into position and even get it to do a test cut, but the cut I get is now skewed. WHen I restart the machine, it does the same thing again.

I have a 24" Vinyl Express Panther cutter.
    I hope and Pray <big sobs> that somebody here can tell me it is fixable and will know how to instruct me.

Inga

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Sorry I can't help, but welcome to this forum Inga!

JB

3. Speedsterbeast

Speedsterbeast Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thunder Bay
    Try removing the belt, then move the pinch rollers to the outer sides of the machine. Then turn it on. The motor will think it's moving the cutter head to the far right side. After it is finished searching fot the rollers, turn it off, then manully move the head all the way to the right. Then replace the belt and turn it on.
    That is my best guess.

4. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

mine too. ☺
    Welcome from OK

5. Williams Signs

Williams Signs Member

Oct 5, 2007
    If you can't get this fixed pm me. I have 2 24 cutters and LXi cutting software I would make somebody a real good deal on.
    Welcome from KY

6. wolfiebear

wolfiebear New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Try removing the belt,

You mean quite literally just pull the belt all the way out of the machine? Or did you mean just run the machine without the belt attached to the cutter head?

then move the pinch rollers to the outer sides of the machine. Then turn it on. The motor will think it's moving the cutter head to the far right side. After it is finished searching fot the rollers, turn it off, then manully move the head all the way to the right. Then replace the belt and turn it on.

What you are suggesting sounds very plausible to me. >>>But how do I feed the belt back into the machine?

Thanks,
    Inga

7. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I would do what speedster suggested. I'm guessing the head position is confused from the belt falling of, the head moving, and then the belt being put back on.

8. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Welcome from Skokie, IL :thumb:

9. wolfiebear

wolfiebear New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Woohoo!
    It didn't work earlier today, but I kept trying again tonight, messing with the pinch clamps and eventually got the belt on tighter too, doing the same basic thing over and over again, and I finally got it! she seems to purr like a kitten.

Bernie was right when she said this is the place! :clapping:
    Big hugs to you guys! :U Rock:
    And I hope to pass it on with stuff I am good at. . . :loveya:

~Inga

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  10. wolfiebear

wolfiebear New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Well, HI James! :omg2:Great to see a familiar face here!
    ~Inga

11. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    personally, i think you should contact the movers and file an insurance claim as they broke your equipment...most legitimate movers carry several hundred thousand dollars in coverage for moves. file a claim, get it fixed by a pro or make them replace it. then file a claim on your insurance for loss of income.

hopefully everyone was covered...

mark galoob

12. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Wow lol

13. wolfiebear

wolfiebear New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Unfortunately, they were not professional movers and I am trying to track them down for other damages as well. It's all a mess. Grrrr...... :banghead: Sometimes trying to save money ends up costing more in the end.

But thank goodness to this forum the cutter is running again.:thumb:
    ~Inga

14. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Howdie from North Georgia and I am glad you got it going again.

15. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA..........................