• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here for a reason. . . .H-E-L-P!

wolfiebear

My friend Bernie tells me this is the place to be with lots of knowledgeable folks!

It looks like the guys who moved me to my new placed screwed up my Vinyl Cutter.

I found the machine with the belt off, (even after explicit directions to handle with kid gloves and place it on a bed of pillows I had prepared for it.) I put the belt back on to the best of my ability(can it be done incorrectly???), but now the cutter head does not return and simply bangs on the right side of the machine making a ghastly noise.

I can manually force <gasp> the head back into position and even get it to do a test cut, but the cut I get is now skewed. WHen I restart the machine, it does the same thing again.

I have a 24" Vinyl Express Panther cutter.
I hope and Pray <big sobs> that somebody here can tell me it is fixable and will know how to instruct me.

Inga

Speedsterbeast

Try removing the belt, then move the pinch rollers to the outer sides of the machine. Then turn it on. The motor will think it's moving the cutter head to the far right side. After it is finished searching fot the rollers, turn it off, then manully move the head all the way to the right. Then replace the belt and turn it on.
That is my best guess.

Williams Signs

If you can't get this fixed pm me. I have 2 24 cutters and LXi cutting software I would make somebody a real good deal on.
Welcome from KY

wolfiebear

Try removing the belt,

You mean quite literally just pull the belt all the way out of the machine? Or did you mean just run the machine without the belt attached to the cutter head?

then move the pinch rollers to the outer sides of the machine. Then turn it on. The motor will think it's moving the cutter head to the far right side. After it is finished searching fot the rollers, turn it off, then manully move the head all the way to the right. Then replace the belt and turn it on.

What you are suggesting sounds very plausible to me. >>>But how do I feed the belt back into the machine?

Thanks,
Inga

C

ColoPrinthead

I would do what speedster suggested. I'm guessing the head position is confused from the belt falling of, the head moving, and then the belt being put back on.

wolfiebear

Woohoo!
It didn't work earlier today, but I kept trying again tonight, messing with the pinch clamps and eventually got the belt on tighter too, doing the same basic thing over and over again, and I finally got it! she seems to purr like a kitten.

Bernie was right when she said this is the place! :clapping:
Big hugs to you guys! :U Rock:
And I hope to pass it on with stuff I am good at. . . :loveya:

~Inga

Last edited:

mark galoob

personally, i think you should contact the movers and file an insurance claim as they broke your equipment...most legitimate movers carry several hundred thousand dollars in coverage for moves. file a claim, get it fixed by a pro or make them replace it. then file a claim on your insurance for loss of income.

hopefully everyone was covered...

mark galoob

wolfiebear

personally, i think you should contact the movers and file an insurance claim as they broke your equipment.... . .

Unfortunately, they were not professional movers and I am trying to track them down for other damages as well. It's all a mess. Grrrr...... :banghead: Sometimes trying to save money ends up costing more in the end.

But thank goodness to this forum the cutter is running again.:thumb:
~Inga