• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's one to make ya laugh

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Salesperson gets an email from one of our major clients. Description for a road side sign to let people know they've moved. Would like 2 6mm pvc 4fth x 8ftw. Then types out the text to be on the sign in the email. Also includes a jpg of a logo to include in the layout (side note: the jpg is named ....pms 541+pms 200.jpg). Somebody obviously doesn't understand that making a jpg throws off the pantone colors. Send me a vector file and I can ensure pantone colors but not a jpg.
Anyway, I proceed to mock up what I perceive to be the most important aspects i.e. phone number, "we've moved" new location as large as possible, etc.. They wanted way too much text on it. Comes back, no we want all that text on it, ok I mock up another one to pitch to them. No, use this pdf for the layout. Are you freakin kidding me?!! You already had a design laid out? What the....
There pdf layout has a 14" QR code on it! A freakin drive by sign with a huge QR code! What the what!!!???
Whatever!

Johnny Best

Maybe they have a text message in the Qr code on information on their moving so as to scan it by smart phone from a distance as you pass by. That way they get even more information on the sign.

mmblarg

Oh please tell me this is also in a state like California that has strict no phone in hand laws...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
In our state, they have billboards(some) on the other side of the highway telling you not to drive distracted by texting, yet you need to take you eyes off the road to look across the median to read a sign about distracted driving??

FTG

Where we're located in SD they ran a radio ad about every 30 minutes about distracting driving that included a bunch of blaring noises (cellphones, kids screaming, sirens, etc.) and every time this obnoxious commercial would come on I would find myself looking around everywhere and slowing down for these sirens that are blaring on the commercial. Don't think they thought that one through too much.

Starter

Charge them more for being stupid, it's my philosophy

This is how I would charge that client. $65.00 per hour if we design it..........$95.00 per hour if you help.......and $135.00 per hour if you create and provide the design yourself.