• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hexis, Avery, or 3M?

Which brand for Cast for use on Vehicles, printed with Roland EcoSolMax

• 3M

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Avery

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 3M

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Custom_Grafx

Hi everyone,

Up till now, I've primarily used polymeric and monomeric vinyls for printing, and this has been good enough. I've used Avery and Aslan mainly for polymeric, and for monomeric, either Avery or other cheap generics.

Main reason for this, is that I only had a 30" before, so never really got into wraps or car graphics.

I recently got a larger printer, and am getting more questions about cast now from my regulars. One of them (an installer) mentioned that he has some experience with a 3M cast which he said was very good. Apart from that he doesn't have any experience with other casts.

With my current suppliers, I have access to Hexis, Avery or 3M for a cast.

I'd really love to just stick to one, and not have to change in the future. Cost is not a huge issue here, because it's a premium product with a premium price anyway - what I'm after, is the channels in the adhesive, a grey adhesive, and something nice and thin (which I'm guessing these are all pretty much standard characteristics of cast vinyls across the brands) and is the easiest/best to work with.

For the first time, I'm going to use the Poll Feature here - I hope it works.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

MikePro

IJ180Cv3 all-day. Plain 180 has a waffle pattern in it due to the initial formula for their air egress

cmaxdesigns

Avery Supercast has been the best for us. We like 3M too but Avery is quicker to install for us and looks identical to 3M when applied. Our opinion, it is a toss up but then figure in about $150+ savings = Avery Supercast. And yes we have been using Avery for a while now with no complaints.

At one time many individuals on this forum were getting hosed by failure in Avery products but I think they have produced a superior product now. Again these are our opinions.

Custom_Grafx

Avery Supercast has been the best for us. We like 3M too but Avery is quicker to install for us and looks identical to 3M when applied. Our opinion, it is a toss up but then figure in about $150+ savings = Avery Supercast. And yes we have been using Avery for a while now with no complaints.

At one time many individuals on this forum were getting hosed by failure in Avery products but I think they have produced a superior product now. Again these are our opinions.

Hi and thanks for that. Which product code are you using? MPI1005?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
3M IJ180-CV3 always. It just works, everytime. Out of literally hundreds of full wraps, not one single issue.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I mostly use 3M 8518 gloss but I've also matched a ton of it with Oracal 290gf with no issues. Going with a different brand does void any material warranty though. I always have Oracals 290gf on hand as it's an excellent optically clear cast laminate which of course works perfect for perf but is also perfectly suitable for non perforated vinyl.

mind if i ask what laminate goes well with it?

kffernandez

I mostly use 3M 8518 gloss but I've also matched a ton of it with Oracal 290gf with no issues. Going with a different brand does void any material warranty though. I always have Oracals 290gf on hand as it's an excellent optically clear cast laminate which of course works perfect for perf but is also perfectly suitable for non perforated vinyl.

thanks! starting off with something you know that works makes all the difference. :)

Custom_Grafx

thanks guys you've all been very helpful. am gonna try this 180cv3 stuff and the 3M laminate.

what do you recommend for outgassing time before lam? 1 day enough like my usual stuff?