• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Doug, what's up with the CNC?

cOrKinSA

I hope I am not repeating this question but how is everything going with the CNC? Have you turned anything out yet. If not I sure can't wait to see what you come up with!

signage

I think a lot of us have been wondering how thing are progressing with that new toy (equipment)!:peace!:

iSign

OK OK...

first of all.. the sun sets in the west guys... it's 7 pm & still beach weather...

but I stopped back at the shop, checked in... and had to run around with the camera to prove I do actually work, when I'm not on here giving people a hard time :omg:

...so, here is pics of 2 jobs cut last week. We also cut 2 MDO jobs & several 20" HDU letters. I was going to wait till everything was painted, gold leafed & installed before posting...

...but here is a new logo for Horizon, cut out of black 1/2" acrylic (haven't pulled off the kraft paper yet). The logo has black outline/shadow effect... but the actual job, that will be 12" x 18" mounted to the interior door, in their office building, will be gold leafed with the only black showing to be the 1/2" thick edges, the word "Financial", the small outline on the compass points, and an outline on the graphic along with the waves & canoe shapes. I will use a mask for those areas & gild it all this coming week. It sold for $550, plus $500 for the logo.

The other job is one of 3 designs offered to these lawyers. I woke up early the day I was to meet them with my 2 symetrical layouts, & busted out this one real quick at home, because I wasn't satisfied with the others. I'm glad I did. They picked this one, so I've cut it in 1-1/2" foam, will prime it & spray black this week, then I have one gold border, one copper border & a gold/copper 2-tone treatment on Steve's Edoras font, which I use a lot :thumb: It sold for $2000, plus $250 for design, and the metallic finish will be "sophisticated finishes" paint, not leaf.

Thanks for asking!!

Attachments

• ROUTERWORK.jpg
    ROUTERWORK.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

iSign

yep!
I'm pretty damn pleased about the culmination of many many months of anticipation, planning & hard work.

I'm thinking of where I want to go much faster than I am able to get there, because I am still behind on all the regular work that was going out the door slower for the last 2 months because of the distraction of building, tooling up, training etc etc.

...but, things could be worse :clapping:

signage

Nice work Doug! Now stay off the beach, like the rest of us have too because their isn't one close enough.:doh: