• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help hey there. it's me again with the hp 315

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
so, i am doing a run on a print job. and I run out of material. i pop in another roll and decide to print something else until i can get the material i need. so i'm printing and there are dots everywhere. i pop that roll out and pop in another roll and print and dots are gone.
now, i'm trouble shooting away and i see i have optimizer, ink, new print heads. and so, the last thing i'm thinking is......number of passes? i need to know if im right. can anyone tell me? view picture to see.

thanks!
G

Attachments

• 20201223_142625.jpg
    20201223_142625.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 131

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That material is trash. Throw it away and get another.
Its plasticizer has migrated and it's unusable now.
If you just want a small patch you can try to clean it first and then print but it is very likely that the whole roll is like this now.

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
That material is trash. Throw it away and get another.
Its plasticizer has migrated and it's unusable now.
If you just want a small patch you can try to clean it first and then print but it is very likely that the whole roll is like this now.
how did it happen?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
its freakin oracal 3640. i have had it since the summer. It's a 30 inch roll that we thought we would use more, but it's a pain to run through the laminator. it's seriously not good for print? can I use it for white cut vinyl?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do all the colors do the same thing ?? If you tried to get that effect, you couldn't. Try printing some words or something and maybe get a job for a laundromat.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
its freakin oracal 3640. i have had it since the summer. It's a 30 inch roll that we thought we would use more, but it's a pain to run through the laminator. it's seriously not good for print? can I use it for white cut vinyl?
It's normal thing if rolls sit too long. It varies heavily between rolls and manufacturers but ground rule usually the cheaper the more likely you see this. Some cheap rolls can even have it from factory.
You can use it for cut vinyl.

ikarasu

I'd unwind 10 ft and try again. If the roll was tight it might work. We only ever get this on banner... Haven't seen it on vinyl, and we've had some vinyl for a year is. At $60 a roll it's not worth playing around with too much.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
It's normal thing if rolls sit too long. It varies heavily between rolls and manufacturers but ground rule usually the cheaper the more likely you see this. Some cheap rolls can even have it from factory.
You can use it for cut vinyl.
My partner doesn't like to the printable for cut vinyl because he says it doesn't look the same as the white on the 651, but I think it's fine. This is oracal 3640 in a 30 inch roll so I didn't expect to it. I didn't use it like I thought we would.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah it happens even to the best... 3m, avery etc. Usually you can return the roll and get a new one.
Use it for some odd jobs and so on as cut vinyl.