• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy hi all from Ire

pinkiss

As many people found this website while looking info about my plotter and seems this forum/site is huge hub of minds so glad to be part of community.

Ive been around IT for nearly 20 years, be it 3d graphics design, photography, Photoshop but mostly computer building, networks and what not. as few months back got my roland gs24 first biggest purchase for me personally in years i keep running into many different situations and adapting from photosop to AI let alone figuring how will i make cash from having plotter long term, ive still long ways to go and consider myself good when i put my mind to something, but also working same time in unrelated sector its a tad difficult to keep motivation up.

Anyway if anyone has Roland camm-1 gs-24 hit me up as need one bit that seems hard to source so need advice, also if someone new is looking to get same model can give some newbie advice to save you few headaches, as still learning machine myself but already did my fair bit of mistakes that imagine many new people with plotters will encounter.

Peace all :]

Billct2

Welcome! Where in Ireland are you?
Can't help you with the Roland, but you should post the question in the section for Hardware/Rolands you'll get more response

pinkiss

Leinster area, meath. and yes did post there prob should just posted direct question as looking for protective strip for this model, but even thou it seems to cost like 14$ or so delivery is like 50-70$ from 5 websites ive found and same within eu for some reason its either out of stock in most places delivery costs are like 4 times the actual strip, as this model uses quite wide strip so sort of no idea who else would carry it for original price without massive price on delivery which imagine for strip isnt really no brainer unless one needs it same day.

And yes posted in proper area but guess have to wait until someone with knowledge comes around.thx

decalman

Hi..welcome.
I usta have a Roland 24 cam 300. They do make a great plotter. I'm just not crazy about the tracking, for the long cuts. 20 years ago I started supporting myself, by making signs and graphics. I just drifted into it painful painfully slow. I finally found a niche, but have to work hard. Best of luck to you.

pinkiss

thx all guys seems a lot of community here is US based, well i love US so :peace!: . its really amazing how markets are different across the continents even here in Ire it would be way different how marketing is used, how people choose design companies, or apply vinyls, not many go into lengths and detail as ive seen some US folk work daily on almost regular projects.Also market here could easily be fit into single US city so still scratching my brain once i register for business how ill get my customer base, as estimate first year will be tough, and likes of ebay would cost me massive money to get designs shipped as if anyone been to ire we have like 300+ days of rain, where likes of Mediterranean regions can enjoy dry season for most of the year.i plan to jump into doing t-shirts and hoddies as well, but really crap with marketing besides experience in dealing with reps in retail for years,and even that i know is always tough,having been on the side that speaks to potential sellers on daily basis and then having to turn them down.