• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi all got a question on a printer?

steriltech

Hi All I know I'm going to get slam on this one! I just won a printer on ebay he said it was low on toner other than that it works well. His auction read as follow.Canon W6400 ImageProGraf Wide Format Printer Plotter.I asked him if it cuts he replied it cuts fine.

Dose any one here have one what kind of cutting dose it do? please take it easy on me I just have vinyl cutters no printers. Thanks all.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's a link to information about it.

It appears to be a high quality, six color pigment ink 24" printer suitable for doing borderless photos and other printing on available paper stock. I do not see any ability listed that would make it capable of cutting vinyl and doubt that it is intended for printing on vinyl at all.

Canon, a world leader in office imaging systems, ink-jet technology, and digital photography presents a breakthrough in professional large format printing solutions. The imagePROGRAF W6400 24” printer is a large format printing solution for office, photo, and graphic art professionals. Utilizing a pigment based six plus one ink system (interchangeable black ink), a 4-picoliter ink droplet size, and 2400 x 1200 resolution, the imagePROGRAF W6400 produces exceptional quality output. The printer delivers output at extremely fast speeds including four sided borderless prints.

The imagePROGRAF W6400 includes the tools needed to easily Create, Process and Print high quality professional large format output. With software such as PosterArtist, an intuitive template based poster creation software and Digital Photo Print Pro, a photo editing and management program that includes tools to eliminate red-eye, improve skin tones, and remove moiré to digital photos, producing high quality output has never been easier.

Outstanding quality, fast print speeds and included software programs are what make the imagePROGRAF W6400 a breakthrough solution in large format printing.

Features

* Pigment Ink - light fastness of the print sample is 70 years under glass.
* Interchangeable Black Ink - 2 black inks, one is regular black ink, the other is a newly developed matte black ink.
* Media thickness up to 0.8mm (31.4 mil/pts)
* Remaining Media Length Detection - keeps track of how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined.
* Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected, print head cleaning cycle is automatically detected.
* Borderless Printing - 4 sided edge to edge printing
* ICC Profile Color Correction - allows user to use custom ICC media (output) profile for precise color matching.
* Exceptional Color Gamut - the enhanced yellow ink will allow for more vivid reds and yellows.

osmasterflex

we had something similar to that at a company i worked as a designer for. It was purchased to print posters for all there customers. I dont recall it being able to do anything. The only cutting that i recall it doing...was cutting the poster after it prints.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you should've asked here before you bought it. Me thinkst you've been taken.

You'll be able to fill business card orders quite quickly and colorful posters for indoor use, but I hardly think you're gonna do any printing for the sign industry.