• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from Kansas, too!

BlackQuillSigns

I got into the business about 5 years ago, I have worked as a body shop tech, Masonry, welder and house remodeling about 5.5 years ago. Lost my last job and tried to go back to what I had experienced and certifications in, but with no luck came across a wanted job in Craigslist for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER in a sign shop. I loved playing with photoshop sense high school, so with all the courage of a 23 yr old replied and got an interview. Basically lied my way into the job and with a "fake it til you make it" mentality, went home downloaded CorelDraw, turned on YouTube and studied fro 2 days! Went back Monday with rough idea of how to use the program (before that weekend I didn't even know what vector art was!) Got informed that within two weeks, the head graphic guy was quiting and I was to take his job and responsabilities. 5 years later, I have learned enough of the trade that I have a old plotter I got from my boss a PCut Creations 900. After figuring it out and setting it up to work with my windows 7 pc, I have proudly, cut my first set of decals tonight. Want to get my own business going and save to get a roland printer to soon open my own shop.

Hope to hear from all of you! I'm super excited about this new adventure in my life and that have been looking forward to for a long time.