• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Hi from Yorkshire, UK

BriThePie

Hi guys, new to the forums here. Am from a Signs company based in Castleford, West Yorkshire. Our company has been going for quite a while, and we are starting to expand into new territories. So being one of the lowly designers, i thought it best to make the venture into the "community" haha.

I have been reading through several threads as I am looking to invest in a HP Latex 365 Printer, I am reading equal horror stories and people loving their machines, so was wanting to get opinions. Our poor Roland solvent printer is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, still works fine but am wanting to make the cross into Latex-land.

Hope to engage in some good chatter, and dont mock me too much for my seemingly idiotic questions! :)

Bri

stealey

hey, im in Manchester and we have had the latex, 260's 360's, now were on the 570's. can be good and bad but it depends what your planning to run, give me a shout if you need any help

mark

BriThePie

Hi Mark, cheers for that. Just looking to have it replace our solvent printer I think, looking to print stuff for vehicle wraps as well as posters and regular vinyl prints. Just a bit gutted that it doesnt do the full contour cut feature, hoping that I can convince it to work in tandem with my Roland SP540i solvent.

I am sure I will be a man of about a million questions once I get it installed.

Bri

Tfloraditch

Bri,

Welcome to the discussion from here in Manchester NEW Hampshire. Sorry can't help on the printer. We are still struggling along with an old Mutoh Blizzard solvent printer, but I wanted to welcome you any way.

I am very curious about your choice of colloquialism. "Long in the tooth" which I thought was a very American expression. Is this common in the UK?

Tim

BriThePie

Hi Tim,
I dont know to be honest. I guess people say it, its not something I've ever paid attention to! haha well we've taken the plunge and the HP 365 is coming on monday!! ooo err :D

tjwilton

Hi Tim,
I dont know to be honest. I guess people say it, its not something I've ever paid attention to! haha well we've taken the plunge and the HP 365 is coming on monday!! ooo err :D
Think you’ll love it. We’re in Leeds UK and run 2 L360s

BriThePie

Well the massive box has arrived, just waiting on a HP person to show me how to not be a total n00b! haha (check my early millennium net speak!)