• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High as a kite on this one!

SignManiac

Just returned a few minutes ago from installing this one. Took about four hours from start to finish. The view of the campus was good at the top! Made the logo 3D and made all of the letters too.

Attachments

• Saint Leo Ball Field.jpg
    Saint Leo Ball Field.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 96

d fleming

More like are you lucky gravity didn't catch you. Or if it did that a rope around your gut like Ellie May Clampett didn't cut you in half on the way down. But then again with the gravity on Mars shouldn't be a problem.

Mike F

Nicely done. That, uh, "scaffolding" looks super sketchy. You get extra points just for having the cajones to do that.

shakey0818

Nice job ... but ... you are lucky that OSHA didn't catch you!

Those ladder jacks are now illegal!
Si Allen i couldn't see from the picture but are those the werner ladder jacks that are no longer approved by OSHA?

Attachments

• ladder jacks.jpg
    ladder jacks.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 94

MikePro

OSHA requires that you also wear a harness for climbing up anything higher than what, 10ft?

i do love that scaffold setup, however. I'm a man of danger myself :)
last time I ran a little giant all the way at full extension, I still had to use the back of my pickup truck for extra "extension"! Took a pic, but then got reamed out by my boss when I posted it on facebook.

SignManiac

Screw OSHA... The ladder jacks I used are the set I bought with my Little Giant Ladders years ago. They seem perfectly safe and well built. As for heights, I'm use to it by now. Eighteen years skydiving gets you use to looking at the ground from up above :)

Attachments

• Ladder Jacks.jpg
    Ladder Jacks.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 82

shakey0818

Screw OSHA... The ladder jacks I used are the set I bought with my Little Giant Ladders years ago. They seem perfectly safe and well built. As for heights, I'm use to it by now. Eighteen years skydiving gets you use to looking at the ground from up above :)
i bought 2 of those things last year but have not used them yet.the ones in the pict i posted i use all the time.I think ill try the other ones out next job.

SignManiac

Yea Shakey, looking at the ones you posted, they don't look like they would be that stable side to side. The one's I use are rock solid and feel good under feet.

shakey0818

Your exactly right.I was up 3/4 of the way up my 3- 40 ft ladders with that set up for 3 weeks during the winter and it was a bit rocky,and cold,lol.Thanks for the input ill dust mine off and try them real soon.Only bad things is you cant use them if your using 2 staging planks.

jiarby

Everything is perfectly safe and well built.. until it fails and kills you.
You could anticipate that possibility and take other precautions... maybe a harness?

shakey0818

I used to wear a harness,and i have tripped more time with those things than anything else.I have a picture,i wish i could find it of when i was younger hanging by my harness under a 60ft lifts basket so i could reach a certain spot.I am not against harnesses but i prefer not to wear them.I must be doing something right in over 20 years i haven't took a spill i couldnt get up from and walk away unharmed.KNOCK ON WOOD.

Si Allen

In my younger bulletproof days ... I had a set of ladder jacks ... and used them all the time. Then along came scissors lifts and zoom booms .. and I finally tossed out the jacks.

I fell off a 40 ft ladder once ... lucky for me was that I was only on the 2nd rung!

:ROFLMAO: