Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high quality prints directly to metal

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by aaronJREgraphics, Oct 18, 2013.

1. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Hey let me start by saying thanks for any help in advance. I am looking for help or advice on equipment that will do high quality photo prints to aluminum, other than a normal flat bed the quality just isn't there. I know that there are printers made by DCS that print high quality prints directly to metal but in sizes up to 13x24 or so we are looking for something that will print preferably 20x30". Again we are fairly new to this so any help with equipment ideas would be great or if anyone has used equipment pm me with details thanks guys!

Tags:
  2. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
  3. R3 Solutions

R3 Solutions New Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Hi resolution on aluminum

I would sublimate it.

4. studebaker

studebaker Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    My solution to that is to print on clear vinyl with ecosolvent ink and laminate to the aluminum... I've been doing it that way for years, and it protects the aluminium from oxidation.

5. knucklehead

knucklehead Active Member

Sep 24, 2007