• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Resolution Photo

HI all, I need to fine a high Resolution photo of an above ground pool (round). the image will be 3' x 5' when finished. I have looked at Istock, CanStock, Dreamstime, shutterstock. Is there any other sites that would have photos that I can download/ purchase
forgot to add, it has to be metal sides with or without a pattern on it

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You don't need anything extravagant for that size. 2048 x 1536 res will do. or 3mp.

You don't need anything extravagant for that size. 2048 x 1536 res will do. or 3mp.
Thanks but I can't find any photo's of a round above ground to even go with that res, I am "looking" for more sites than the ones I mentioned that might have one, so if you know where I can get it please let me know

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I use iStock, Shutterstock and Dreamstime which you've already metioned you use.
Other than that i can think of is - Gettyimages which is the parents of iStock.

shoresigns

You're assuming that it's a long viewing distance, which was not specified in the post. The minimum viewing distance for an image that size would be around 17 feet. If the print is going to be viewed from closer than that, a higher resolution image would be better.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You're assuming that it's a long viewing distance, which was not specified in the post. The minimum viewing distance for an image that size would be around 17 feet. If the print is going to be viewed from closer than that, a higher resolution image would be better.

Damn the imperial system. i thought it was in inches.
Time for you guys to use something more appropriate. ;)

shoresigns

Damn the imperial system. i thought it was in inches.
Time for you guys to use something more appropriate. ;)

One tick (ʹ) for feet, double tick (ʺ) for inches. Not that anyone knows that here either—we get clients who confuse us by using the wrong ones all the time.

And here's my handy formula for calculating minimum resolution based on viewing distance:

resolution (ppi) = 600 / viewing distance (feet)
resolution (ppi) = 180 / viewing distance (metres)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
One tick (ʹ) for feet, double tick (ʺ) for inches. Not that anyone knows that here either—we get clients who confuse us by using the wrong ones all the time.

And here's my handy formula for calculating minimum resolution based on viewing distance:

resolution (ppi) = 600 / viewing distance (feet)
resolution (ppi) = 180 / viewing distance (metres)

That's handy with viewing distances.

We rarely use the imperial system here. In this shop we work by mm. It's easier when you see the number and know what size it is with out guessing. in front of me i have a drawing of a kitchen splashback. 865 x 3011. I don't need to second guess what size it is i.e mm or cm or m.

There's a few imperial things like roll core. 2.5" 3" ect. But that's more of a standard like 1/4" socket set.

shoresigns

That's handy with viewing distances.

We rarely use the imperial system here. In this shop we work by mm. It's easier when you see the number and know what size it is with out guessing. in front of me i have a drawing of a kitchen splashback. 865 x 3011. I don't need to second guess what size it is i.e mm or cm or m.

There's a few imperial things like roll core. 2.5" 3" ect. But that's more of a standard like 1/4" socket set.

It just dawned on me that there's no metric equivalent for ppi. That must be annoying for metric designers.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It just dawned on me that there's no metric equivalent for ppi. That must be annoying for metric designers.

Nope, because it's a standard thing. 150dpi, 300dpi, 1000dpi ect we all know what works with what.
That applies with the stuff i said before like 1/2" 1/4" socket set, Roll sizes. Tv sizes. We don't look at it as a measurement. Just the size.

Measurements on stuff like sheets of material. We know it as a 1220 x 2440 / 1.2 x 2.4 depending who you ask. not 48" x 96" 4'x8' how ever you guys call the sheet.