• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Tack Vinyl Help

rjssigns

I have a project that requires labeling primed structural steel. Needs to last at least 6 months outside in the great white north. I know that are high tack printable vinyls, but have no clue what to use.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 on the Arlon DPF8000. I have had customers use it for the same type of application; Steel panels in Alaska for over a year and they still were sticking.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Yep Arlon 8000 is super tacky. but there is no air release. I know avery just came out with a high tack product. I believe it has air release.

MikePro

wisconsin weather has been kind to my arlon 8000 printables, though I use only cast laminates for exterior applications.

rjssigns

DPF8000 is only offered in 150' rolls. That ain't gonna happen. Ended up with 3M 3690-10. I bought 3 yards from my supplier, which is enough to do the job.

reQ

I use Substance media. It's a way better product than Arlon. They have an air release version as well.
THIS. Other HT vinyls are garbage when compared to Substance. Arlon rep sold me 8000. Told me its sticks like a biatch, guess what? No it does not have same adhesion power. Substance all the way.