Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HKS and Uniform color palettes?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Colin, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    So, in CorelDraw there's a number of different color palettes; RGB, CMYK, Pantone..............but does anyone use the HKS palette?

And there's another one called "Uniform Colors" (which are all RGB), what's that all about?

2. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    I likely will too, but I'd like to have an understanding of these others.

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Do you understand how wind is turned into electricity so when you flip a switch a light goes on ??

The grid work, the turbines the spinning and turning of all this stuff.... it would be neat to know, but with so much on your plate right now.... why make more worries than you need to cope with ??

4. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    I'm not making more worries, I'm just trying to understand in general terms what those two palettes are about.

Here's a different one:

I was of the understanding that RGB and CMYK colours will always print differently, so just for a reference, I created a grid of the std palettes in CorelDraw, and applied the corresponding colours from the palette. One got all CMYK colors, and the other all RGB.

First I printed them off on my little Canon desktop printer, and they were identical. I thought that they would certainly be different on the Roland, but they are identical on that too! What gives?

Attached Files: