• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hobby User With Lynx S60 - Need Some Help!

efarmer

Hi all!

I've had an older Vinyl Express Lynx S60 laying around for quite some time and I've finally decided to put it into service. I have successfully cut a few test pieces using Signcut Pro and have some issues that I can't seem to figure out.

The first and by far the most annoying problem is the blade pressure seems uneven across the full width of the cutter. The first 50% works beautifully, but the second half cuts completely through the backing. I have absolutely no clue how to even approach troubleshooting this.

Second is related to Signcut. Does this software not do nesting? I have been completely unable to find any sort of option in the software for creating multiple copies of a single design across the width of the cutter. I have resorted to creating my cut files with the nesting already done. Is there a way to do this that I'm just not seeing?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Johnny Best

If you have a legal SignCutPro download you can get answers from them or create a ticket and tell them your problems. They are a good company and will help you. Good luck HU.

efarmer

Johnny,

Thanks much for the friendly response. I do in fact have a legit SC install so I'll do that. Thank you!

Canuck,

It was free, and after some tweaking I've now got a fully functional cutter. Take your attitude and shove it you-know-where. If this is how you treat new members on this forum I'm amazed it still has any traffic. Unreal.

efarmer

In the interest of making positive helpful contributions, unlike Canuck, my problem with cutting depth was easily remedied with a hard nylon roller on my cutting strip to fully seat it on that end of the slot. Cuts beautifully now.

CanuckSigns

I said nothing that wasn't true, that cutter is garbage, the fact that you got it for free doesn't change that.

Have a wonderful evening full of happy thoughts.

efarmer

Canuck,

Your original post, as well as this one, did NOTHING to attempt to help me or contribute any useful information to the discussion. You could have also said "the sky is blue" and it too would have been true, but also completely unhelpful. You sir are a blowhard. Move along.

CanuckSigns

Canuck,

Your original post, as well as this one, did NOTHING to attempt to help me or contribute any useful information to the discussion. You could have also said "the sky is blue" and it too would have been true, but also completely unhelpful. You sir are a blowhard. Move along.

Actually hobbiest, I think you will find this forum is for people who make a living in this industry, not for people with harbor freight tools trying to play with the big kids.

joeyhalderman

I jumped in this thread because I have had experience with a Lynx S60. My issues were different from efarmer but I wanted to put my two cents in. While it is not the best piece of equipment, it is more than sufficient for a hobby user which is what efarmer was claiming.

I've had experience with extremely expensive equipment as well. I can say that with the Lynx S60 I've been able to get the job done and make successful cuts that were more than sufficient.

Being a musician I have played a lot of instruments and used a lot of tools. You can buy a $300 guitar and put it in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to play and it will sound like a $300 guitar. You can put a $2000 guitar into the same hands and it will still sound like crap. On the other hand you can take that $300 guitar and give it to a professional and they can make that guitar sound like a million bucks. My point is that we aren't as good as our tools. Good tools help but that doesn't make someone an amateur or professional. We are defined by our skill, our passion and what were able to do with the resources we have available.

Frankly Canuck your attitude is really poor. We should be helping each other out. Also "big kids" act like grown ups and don't bring other people down who they feel are less superior to them.

Actually hobbiest, I think you will find this forum is for people who make a living in this industry, not for people with harbor freight tools trying to play with the big kids.

buttons

That's absolutely not true. There are a lot of hobbyists on this forum as well as people just generally interested in learning about signs and how the industry works.

If it was JUST for industry people the registration wouldn't be completely open.