Welcome To Signs101.com

Signs101 is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobby User With Lynx S60 - Need Some Help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by efarmer, Mar 20, 2017.

1. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    Hi all!

I've had an older Vinyl Express Lynx S60 laying around for quite some time and I've finally decided to put it into service. I have successfully cut a few test pieces using Signcut Pro and have some issues that I can't seem to figure out.

The first and by far the most annoying problem is the blade pressure seems uneven across the full width of the cutter. The first 50% works beautifully, but the second half cuts completely through the backing. I have absolutely no clue how to even approach troubleshooting this.

Second is related to Signcut. Does this software not do nesting? I have been completely unable to find any sort of option in the software for creating multiple copies of a single design across the width of the cutter. I have resorted to creating my cut files with the nesting already done. Is there a way to do this that I'm just not seeing?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    That cutter is garbage, that is your problem. Do a search for it on here and you will see.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    If you have a legal SignCutPro download you can get answers from them or create a ticket and tell them your problems. They are a good company and will help you. Good luck HU.

• Like Like x 1
  4. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    Johnny,

Thanks much for the friendly response. I do in fact have a legit SC install so I'll do that. Thank you!

Canuck,

It was free, and after some tweaking I've now got a fully functional cutter. Take your attitude and shove it you-know-where. If this is how you treat new members on this forum I'm amazed it still has any traffic. Unreal.

5. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    In the interest of making positive helpful contributions, unlike Canuck, my problem with cutting depth was easily remedied with a hard nylon roller on my cutting strip to fully seat it on that end of the slot. Cuts beautifully now.

6. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Glad you are on the right track to getting it running smoothly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    Cheers Johnny, thanks!

8. CanuckSigns

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I said nothing that wasn't true, that cutter is garbage, the fact that you got it for free doesn't change that.

Have a wonderful evening full of happy thoughts.

9. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    Canuck,

Your original post, as well as this one, did NOTHING to attempt to help me or contribute any useful information to the discussion. You could have also said "the sky is blue" and it too would have been true, but also completely unhelpful. You sir are a blowhard. Move along.

10. CanuckSigns

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Actually hobbiest, I think you will find this forum is for people who make a living in this industry, not for people with harbor freight tools trying to play with the big kids.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I like Harbor Freight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. efarmer

efarmer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    USA
    You're a real piece of work.