• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hockey puck printing

toodark

I have a DIY DTG printer that has been sitting around. I was approached by the local hockey club and the want their logo printed on their hockey pucks for giveaways during their games. The DTG is a Epson R1800, would there be a compatible ink that would work for hockey puck?

Haakon

Giveaway pucks for events would probably be more of a souvenir for the shelf at home than actual use on the ice? Regarding both wear and friction issues.

AnthonyRalano

If it is a few then of course, use what you have. DTG it with white as the underbase so it will show up. If it is more than a few I would send it out for sure. Or buy a cheap manual pad printer if you feel like a new hobby.

Shadowglen

Solvent ink, laminated.

That's what we do. we have done them with the team logos and just last week we did these. We personalized the backs of these pucks by laser engraving the players individual goals and assists, and we also put 2013-2014 contoured to the puck at the top. There are several vendors printing decals and putting them on pucks. Most people will use them as a paperweight or put them on a shelf or in a puck display holder. Why all the fuss for a souvenir that is not intended for use on the ice?

PUCKS.jpg

toodark

are they currently direct printed and not using a laminated decal?

Yes. The white ink seems to be different than the colored logo. The white ink will not scratch off but the colored logo is fairly easy to scratch with my finger nail and seems to be a different ink.