• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

holes in printing

john2k20

i print a photo on transparant acrylic / plexi.
now when i am ready printing i can see through some verry small holes when i hold it before a light. so i think it might be dust orso . but when i print over it again teh holes stay . so what is the problem there? i have an roland lef2 200..

Andy D

If you put down too much ink at once, it tends to pool up around micro imperfections, leaving a clear spot in the middle.

netsol

good to kow, andy

i never touched an LEF

so then, this seems like the need for a new profile, or just setting lower ink limits, i would think.

john2k20

Attachments

• IMG_20201210_090650.jpg
    IMG_20201210_090650.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20201210_090643.jpg
    IMG_20201210_090643.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 149

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That is a really good question. You know that material is very static after you remove the protective plastic. It's possible it can have a small part of plastic or dust there that prevents the ink placement and flies away after you take the piece out.
If you get more of that you need to make absolutely sure there is nothing on that and also check the bottom of the carriage that there is no nothing there that could drop down or something.
Follow the printing and see what's going on.

john2k20

That is a really good question. You know that material is very static after you remove the protective plastic. It's possible it can have a small part of plastic or dust there that prevents the ink placement and flies away after you take the piece out.
If you get more of that you need to make absolutely sure there is nothing on that and also check the bottom of the carriage that there is no nothing there that could drop down or something.
Follow the printing and see what's going on.
ok now comes the wierd part i cleanet acryl good before printing . now i did the same photo only a little bit smaller . and there was the spot again on the exact same place in the photo. now its only the one spot so cleaning acrylic might go a bit better but the same spot on the same place what doe that say ? not much to see on the image itself

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How about a totally different file ?? Are you also using the correct profile ??