• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holiday Inn Lighted Faces

okeesignguy

I have been in the biz for 40 yrs and yes we do digital printing every day...
That being said up front, I have a dilemma I hope somebody here can help me with...
Somebody that has done HI Express signs would be perfect :)

I need to replace a 5ft x 5ft panel...
They hired an electrician to service it and they broke a face... :)

Obviously it is a digital print on white plastic...(see pic)

Here are my issues/questions...
They appear to be a matt finish and if so I will need to buy some matt lam because all we use is gloss lam...
Unless someone here could print it for me and ship it to me...
Can anyone here verify if these are matt or not...???

The other thing is the fade in the upper left corner...
I know how fussy these franchises can be so I am thinking there must be a file that is pre-built and available thru HIE marketing...???

Any help would be appreciated... :)
20190211_091946.jpg
20190211_092027.jpg
20190211_091946.jpg 20190211_092027.jpg 20190211_091946.jpg 20190211_092027.jpg 20190211_091946.jpg 20190211_092027.jpg 20190211_091946.jpg 20190211_092027.jpg 20190211_091946.jpg 20190211_092027.jpg

DerbyCitySignGuy

Can't say with 100% certainty, but it definitely looks like a matte or possibly satin/luster finish.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Holiday Inn definitely wants to preserve their brand standards, so you'll most likely have to use supplied artwork. What were you planning on doing?

(The "fade" is called a gradient.)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've always liked how modern their signs look. If they would have used poly I don't think it would of broke. I probably would have brought a color-swatch and matched the two ends of the gradient

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A company like that uses an authorized sign company to produce most of their signs. I would explain to them, they should go to that source and do it 100% correct. Guessing could come back to bite ya in the arse.

It looks as if both sides of the sign were damaged, huh ??

okeesignguy

Can't say with 100% certainty, but it definitely looks like a matte or possibly satin/luster finish.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Holiday Inn definitely wants to preserve their brand standards, so you'll most likely have to use supplied artwork. What were you planning on doing?

(The "fade" is called a gradient.)
Well.....I am not sure what the plan is yet...hense this thread...
Thanx for the input! And...I know what it's called...it was easier to type fade LOL

okeesignguy

A company like that uses an authorized sign company to produce most of their signs. I would explain to them, they should go to that source and do it 100% correct. Guessing could come back to bite ya in the arse.

It looks as if both sides of the sign were damaged, huh ??
Ya...It looks like they dropped that one on the ground (grass?) and it skidded to a landing! LOL

MikePro

+1 polycarbonate-or-"bust" for these type of applications.
Fairly certain these were never glossy faces, I've seen plenty of them. Lustre, if anything, but I would bet $5 it was matte and/or a textured/"graffiti-resistant" overlaminate.
HDexpress has a national signage supplier, but who it is eludes my memory. Everbrite, i believe.

okeesignguy

I'd hit up Miratec and see if they have printed these before. They are proud of their color accuracy & consistency, and I'm fairly certain they would sell you the print itself, but maybe not the art.
Bingo! I called Miratec and I am pretty sure they were the right call...
Thank you!

okeesignguy

+1 polycarbonate-or-"bust" for these type of applications.
Fairly certain these were never glossy faces, I've seen plenty of them. Lustre, if anything, but I would bet $5 it was matte and/or a textured/"graffiti-resistant" overlaminate.
HDexpress has a national signage supplier, but who it is eludes my memory. Everbrite, i believe.
Everbrite looks like they could help but I tried Miratec 1st and I am pretty sure they can supply a print for me...
If they can not I will try Everbrite...thank you!

MikePro

hell yeah, miratec is solid. i just blurted out Everbrite knowing they would already have the artwork ready to scale & go.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
We have this exact one in our area and have serviced it a few times. They are nice looking but not built to service easily.

Faces have to be slid up to get in and my truck won't go high enough to pull them out completely so we've created a hook system and slide the face up and hook it just high enough to crawl in.

The sides of the sign frame light up as well, and the poly is stacked up one on top of the other with very cheaply welded metal pieces in between each.

The very top section somehow opened up and there are pigeons living inside. Their sh*t has piled up and the piece can't be closed anymore. Even if I could, there were 3 inside that would not leave and closing it would have sealed their fate. (my son wouldn't let me do it).