• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holy C**p whats happened!!!!!!!

can anyone tell me whats wrong with this print,

i've swapped the heads with new ones i've changed the ribbons new dampers new ink numerous cleans i print at the lowest setting and i've slowed the print speed down and increased the heat settings but to no avail the quality is terrible, please help!!!!! print test image 2.jpg

Jack Knight1979

you swapped the wrong heads.

in the service menu going into test print and do a fill test. It will print each head and then you can isolate which head it is. My cyan head started this in november. New one resolved it.

Hi thanks for the quick reply, i should explained further i've changed both cyan heads i had problems last year and bought new heads however i only changed 2 when extensive cleaning resolved the other faults, this effect can somtimes be less obvious after a power down and then a re-boot, i did look into this business about static build up but have now discarded this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To me it looks as though you've installed them upside down. I would just turn the heads around and your problem should solve itself.

Jack Knight1979

If you're using bulk ink, that could be your problem. For me certain colors and certain times of the years ALWAYS give me problems and I have to run those channels in carts for about a month and then it's back to normal. If you have refills or ink tanks, try that channel in a cart.

I've never had intermittent problems with electronics like this. When I had a board go, it was always a catastrophic failure, so I'm more inclined to pressure issues. Have you changed out dampers, captops?

artbot

if you are having slightly better results after booting the printer down, remember to switch off on the back, unplug, then press the front "on" button four times slowly. this will discharge the capacitors on your board. many roland models have static build up issues.

also, recently i saw a thread discussing that the issue was tracked to a slider board port (it was mimaki). not sure what the protocol for a data swap on your printer is. but, you could try isolating the issue to the data ribbon ports also.

all that said, i've seen this printing artifact created by bad head, bad slider board, bad board. make sure you isolate before throwing parts at the machine.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
To me it looks as though you've installed them upside down. I would just turn the heads around and your problem should solve itself.

i got it... it almost made me LOL....

Large Format

Wow, looks like crap, Looks like the heads are randomly firing. Worst case is a bad head or main board. Could also be high static discharge. In dry static environments static can cause head misfire. What is the weather like?

If you're using bulk ink, that could be your problem. For me certain colors and certain times of the years ALWAYS give me problems and I have to run those channels in carts for about a month and then it's back to normal. If you have refills or ink tanks, try that channel in a cart.

I've never had intermittent problems with electronics like this. When I had a board go, it was always a catastrophic failure, so I'm more inclined to pressure issues. Have you changed out dampers, captops?
i've changed the dampers but not the cap tops i have noticed when using a syringe there's alot of pressure on a couple of the heads but most are very loose there's alot of air in the line do you think the cap need changing because to much air is present in the head ???

Wow, looks like crap, Looks like the heads are randomly firing. Worst case is a bad head or main board. Could also be high static discharge. In dry static environments static can cause head misfire. What is the weather like?

UK weather cold wet and glum abit like the way im feeling about this machine

artbot

air in your lines won't cause that kind of print issue. that would be a separate thing to fix. as far as cap tops, you can swap them around to different positions to see if you get better vacuum on those lines. but i'd start a whole new thread on the air in your lines if you are familiar with how to isolate that (also search under damper swap, pump tube swap, ink starvation, etc).

if you want to isolate if you have a static build up on your substrate. get some media (small piece). rub vigorously with a sock or microfiber or felt one side. leave the other side untouched. does the burnished side print better? that means you have static on your media. but media static should cause all colors to act badly.

did you update the head ranks when you swapped the heads?
everything needed to be done with the ranking was done i'm wondering if the problem might be on the head board or the head board early last year we had group B go down i had a chap solder new caps and mosfet to the head board which did fix the problem i'm thinking there might be another fault on the board which has occurred over the winter period

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A thousand pardons. I wasn't trying to be a comedian. Too many of them are out of work and I'm doing just fine with signs.... it just simply appeared upside down and I figured along what I already said or you've reversed your picture. The latter didn't seem quite right , so I went with my first thought.
Please accept my apologies. cheshire cat.jpg

A thousand pardons. I wasn't trying to be a comedian. Too many of them are out of work and I'm doing just fine with signs.... it just simply appeared upside down and I figured along what I already said or you've reversed your picture. The latter didn't seem quite right , so I went with my first thought.
Please accept my apologies. View attachment 60286
No problems im just letting this machine get the better of me all the best

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No problem. Try a small grounded chain, such as a dog-tag chain above your media as if feeds in from the back side.

dogtag chain.jpg

do you know if it was possible to fix the board??? possibly a cap i've had work done on the board in the past new caps a new mosfet and it's been great but im starting to read that alot of people fix the boards more twice i've done everything as far as ink cleaning head ribbons i always had in the back of my mind could it be an electrical issue on the board. if you know any further info on this i'd really appreciate it.
many thanks