• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Home built flatbed applicator.

jdale

Has anyone ever built one. Similar to the RollsRoller or Rollover Applicator?

Our shop built it's own CNC machine a few years ago and for the 4x8 machine our total costs were just under 3k. The similar commercial product was 30k.

So wondering if anyone ever took it upon themselves to do this?

rubo

:thumb: have you tried to make and sell them? Under your brand? Why not?
I built a flatbed printer for myself - now have 3 more to convert for clients. Would have to print *&*load of signs to make the same $$.

SqueeGee

We built one and use it everyday. It's tougher than you might think. We ended up having about $10k in our 5' x 12' table.

4R Graphics

I built my own CNC also and saved a ton of money.

As for the roller system I think it would be rather simple (compared to building the CNC) The biggest problem is where to get the roller at a reasonable price.

The roller could be made but I think to get a quality roller you would be better off to buy it if you can find it and then build the rest of the machine.

Good Luck looking forward to seeing if you build it.

rubo

there are junkyards selling parts for offset printers - you can find rollers there dirt-cheap - and the rest of assembly needed. Done that - built my own laminator years ago. the only thing you'll have to do is figure out the way to lift/lower the roller. no big deal.