• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Horizontal Issues HP l25500

Emerald Vinyl

I'm a newbie to the printing world. I purchased an HP l25500 to give us a feel as to if we should commit to having a wide format printer. The machine works fine but for some reason I'm getting horizontal banding on my prints. I did a few print head cleanings, and it has helped but I think I should buy new print heads. The current ones sat for a while in storage, so Im guessing thats the issue. I attached photos as a reference.
20200908_185846.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeap, blocked printhead nozzles. If I remember correctly you should be able to print a nozzle map from the cleaning or other menu? Can't remember how it was on these old ones anymore.
You can take them out and give them a waterbath (on the nozzles), then wipe them on a smooth rag. Do that 5-10 times and just let the water sit on the nozzles for a while with wet rag. Should help to recover nozzles if the PHs still have life left in them.
2nd link is for 1500 and 3000 but same idea.

https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/...p-latex-3000-and-hp-latex-1500-printer-series

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I hope it was just about free, or they paid you to take it.
Parts are going to be super-scarce, unless you scrounge two spares to be sacrificial donors, and get extra stock of heads and inks and head cleaning cartridges and ink waste buckets.

PS It looks line new heads are in order
Do a head test print (from the console) and it'll show you which of the 6 are not working and by how much.

Emerald Vinyl

Yeap, blocked printhead nozzles. If I remember correctly you should be able to print a nozzle map from the cleaning or other menu? Can't remember how it was on these old ones anymore.
You can take them out and give them a waterbath (on the nozzles), then wipe them on a smooth rag. Do that 5-10 times and just let the water sit on the nozzles for a while with wet rag. Should help to recover nozzles if the PHs still have life left in them.
2nd link is for 1500 and 3000 but same idea.

https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/...p-latex-3000-and-hp-latex-1500-printer-series
Thank you. I have a few (new in package ones) I'm going to swap out. The ones I dont have extra heads for, I will definitely do a cleaning.

Emerald Vinyl

I hope it was just about free, or they paid you to take it.
Parts are going to be super-scarce, unless you scrounge two spares to be sacrificial donors, and get extra stock of heads and inks and head cleaning cartridges and ink waste buckets.

PS It looks line new heads are in order
Do a head test print (from the console) and it'll show you which of the 6 are not working and by how much.
I found a few places online that still carry product. (Grateful). This is not your average desktop printer so Im definitely learning as I go. :) Thanks so much for your response.