• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How a Machine Company SHOULD run...pay attention

DoubleDown

For all of you who have had machines, have machines for many years this might be a breath of fresh air. There is a newer company out there called Novus who is making a really bad a** UV hybrid and "latex" version but this is being built by people who actually knows how this industry should work.

3 year warranty on the machine...that's right...3 year warranty. They DO NOT charge service contracts but instead charge on parts/service but the machine is smart enough to actually be run by an intelligent person and be fixed by an intelligent person.

[FONT=&quot]Per my buddy.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Novus, It is basically an insanely beefed up Vutek 3360 with 10 picoliter heads. All of the vacuums, frame, software and electronics are almost identical. I was onsite with them demoing the machine. The same heads had been in the machine for 2+ years as they have been developing - not ONE nozzle lost. Everything in the machine is very manual so if automated head height/vacuum adjustment is important this may not be the machine for you. It will need a trained operator that knows the ins and outs of procedures to nail printing. However if you have a dedicated/educated operator this machine will blow doors off similar machines with pretty amazing resolution."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you really want to be upset about the new machine you bought, read on:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://novusimaging.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://novusimaging.com/page3/index.html
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And these guys are actually pushing the other manufacturers to put out benchmarks across the industry for REAL print speed numbers versus marketing bull crud.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If I could sell our machine right now I would in a heartbeat for these bad boys.
[/FONT]

ForgeInc

I've been keeping my eye on this company ever since Merritt posted a link to em a few month ago. Will be stopping by their SGIA booth for sure.

miker

600K is rediculous... I'm sorry but you could buy 4 - 6 of their competitors machines and print at 2 - 4 times those speeds for that price.

That's a pretty silly statement. How much do you think a brand new Vutek GS3200 costs? Or an Inca Onset?

Yes, you could buy a few HP or Fuji flatbeds, but then you have 4 times as many printheads, pumps, lamps etc to go bad, plus they will eat up more floor space.

Also, the guys who started Novus came from the Vutek family tree. I'd imagine they have a pretty good handle on what's going on.

animenick65

I'd be very interested to see one of these in action considering the VUTEk higher ups who've started this company. Some of the speed numbers they are mentioning are intense.