• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How did they do it?

crny1

Does anyone know how this effect was done with this font? There is a small stroke inside the letter with a gradient and what looks to be a 3d effect? And then the fill of the font is a graient with almost like brush strokes in it. I use illustrator for all my stuff. How can this be achieved? Thanks

Attachments

• enter.jpg
    enter.jpg
    812.3 KB · Views: 338

AKwrapguy

After looking at it again it looks like this was made in Photoshop. They used a stroke, inner shadow, and outer glow.

crny1

Photoshop and I dont get along...... we never seem to see eye to eye. I was afraid this was going to be the answer........

crny1

I agree whole heartedly.........BUT the client wants more of them just like it and has no idea who did it originally.

TammieH

The resolution is not horrible, any chance you can print from the jpg? or take the word ENTER out and redo the background, the white halo around the letters is easy to create in photoshop

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Does anyone know how this effect was done with this font? There is a small stroke inside the letter with a gradient and what looks to be a 3d effect? And then the fill of the font is a graient with almost like brush strokes in it. I use illustrator for all my stuff. How can this be achieved? Thanks
Looks to me like it was done in Corel Draw. The font was contoured in.Then the contour was broken from the font so it became one combined object. Then a flame bitmap was powerclipped in. I am not sure if Illustrator can do this. But. Corel is much faster than illy anyways.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Looks to me like it was done in Corel Draw. The font was contoured in.Then the contour was broken from the font so it became one combined object. Then a flame bitmap was powerclipped in. I am not sure if Illustrator can do this. But. Corel is much faster than illy anyways.
The glow effect can be done by contouring out in Corel.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Attempting to copy it may get you in trouble with copyright infringement. I'd do some samples of what I can do and present those to the customer.