• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I add a repeat bleed to my image in Flexi 19?

StickerGuy83

For print and cut, is there an easier way to add a bleed that repeats the existing colors of the image? I see the bleed option in Flexi under properties tab, but when I preview I do not see any bleed added to the image. Am I doing something incorrectly?

bannertime

It won't show you in the preview. It just shows the outline where the bleed will be. You can use a solid color, repeat the last pixel, or mirror the edge by however much bleed you set.

StickerGuy83

It won't show you in the preview. It just shows the outline where the bleed will be. You can use a solid color, repeat the last pixel, or mirror the edge by however much bleed you set.

I made the changes in properties tab for the bleed and saved it to a preset. It did not print the bleed and when it was looking for a registration mark it could not find it. It was too far away from it.
Am I missing something?

bannertime

Possibly, but I think I'm missing a bunch of information too.

Can you give me some more information? It almost reads like you're trying to add bleed to something that will be contour cut?

StickerGuy83

Possibly, but I think I'm missing a bunch of information too.

Can you give me some more information? It almost reads like you're trying to add bleed to something that will be contour cut?

Correct -- I have a bunch of the same image that will be contour cut, but I want to add a bleed to the IMAGE. I can adjust my contour cut lines myself within the design space.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You have to add an outline to the image in the same color as what the contour cut is cutting into, in your design space. The bleed function in PM doesn't apply to contour cut images.
Many times I simply create my contour cut line, then ungroup it from the image, and just enlarge the image slightly if I can't simply add an outline to it. Depends on what it is. Text is much simpler.

RustyNZ

You have to add an outline to the image in the same color as what the contour cut is cutting into, in your design space. The bleed function in PM doesn't apply to contour cut images.
Many times I simply create my contour cut line, then ungroup it from the image, and just enlarge the image slightly if I can't simply add an outline to it. Depends on what it is. Text is much simpler.

Would this be why when I add a crop marks and a bleed using PM it puts the crop marks on the edge of the bleed instead of the edge of the artwork pre-bleed? I guess contour cut marks and crop marks work the same. Maybe I've missed a setting that puts the crop within the bleed or maybe my brain just isn't working and I'm trying to do something stupid but seems to me like this should work how I intend.

The black below is my bleed without corners just as a sample.

upload_2020-3-12_9-13-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-12_9-9-38.png
    upload_2020-3-12_9-9-38.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 244

eahicks

No. Forget about bleed period in Production Manager. You build your bleed in the design. See attached....red circle. Then contour added, red has small bleed.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 238

eahicks

THEN when you RIP it sets the reg marks (summa in my case) and then set quantity. Done.

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 252

RustyNZ

No. Forget about bleed period in Production Manager. You build your bleed in the design. See attached....red circle. Then contour added, red has small bleed.

Yeah, thanks. The method you described above sounds easy enough. Not quite as easy as just ticking bleed though, if only they did it sensibly.