• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I break apart after masking?

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
I'm building templates for an ATV and have the pieces all laid out in order, added graphics then made a mask. I would now like to move/nest the pieces with the graphics on them so I'm not wasting material. Any easy ways?
Before I mask I could select within to arrange the different pieces but as soon as it becomes a mask, everything gets locked. Help!
Doc Zoom

CS-SignSupply

If you have multiple vectors that you wish to mask and move independently, you must also have multiple images...

Lets say you have 5 vector shapes that you want to use. Then you need 5 of the same image (copy and paste) to use as the backing for each vector mask.

Move one vector over one image and mask, repeat. Then all masked objects are independent and can be nested.

FrankW

Before I mask I could select within to arrange the different pieces but as soon as it becomes a mask, everything gets locked. Help!
Doc Zoom

Use the white selection arrow instead of the black selection arrow to move single objects which are part of a mask or group. The white arrow appears when you select the arrow tool and hold the mouse button.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
Use the white selection arrow instead of the black selection arrow to move single objects which are part of a mask or group. The white arrow appears when you select the arrow tool and hold the mouse button.

No...doesn't work either. Aaargh!

thewood

If you have multiple vectors that you wish to mask and move independently, you must also have multiple images...

Lets say you have 5 vector shapes that you want to use. Then you need 5 of the same image (copy and paste) to use as the backing for each vector mask.

Move one vector over one image and mask, repeat. Then all masked objects are independent and can be nested.

This is your answer.

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
That's kind of what we figured too. Just wish there was an easier way!
Would Illustrator or Corel do this easier?
Thanks everyone!
Greg