• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I create this background?

AKProbeGT

Can anyone give me advice or tips on how to create the attached image? Customer gave me this as a sample. They want a similar background with different text. I've tried in Photoshop and Illustrator and nothing seems quite right. I'm not worried about the raised areas in the corners, just getting that same texture and color.

Attachments

• 00022920[1].jpg
    00022920[1].jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 44

Pat Whatley

EDITED BECAUSE I MISREAD WHAT YOU WANTED.

Go here... http://designm.ag/inspiration/300-free-grunge-textures/

You can create your own if you really want to but you're gonna be playing with brushes and layers and opacity and color and textures a good bit to get a nice organic look or you can download a ready to go texture then adjust your color balance and opacity to get the colors you want.

You can also use the Machine Wash Filters to get this effect.

rjssigns

Looks easy enough. Find a PS tut for Rust. Manipulate to get desired grunge. Easy sleddin' after that.

p3

Super easy. I'll make a tutorial for you when I get off work on how to do it.

p3

lol - I originally wanted "monkey." Only reason, because my Fiancee calls me her monkey. Unfortunately the domain I wanted was taken so I settled for chimp. So easy a monkey can do it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd offer to show how to do it in MS Word but then Addie & Gino would come in here and pee all over this thread.......

wayne k
guam usa

p3

Well, I have the video. Unfortunately I can't get it out of Camtasia since I've upgraded to Mavericks, it crashes almost instantly when I open it. So, as soon as I find a work around or fix I'll get it up. Sorry it's taking so long!

Gene@mpls

lol - I originally wanted "monkey." Only reason, because my Fiancee calls me her monkey. Unfortunately the domain I wanted was taken so I settled for chimp. So easy a monkey can do it.

Interesting- my fiancee always (for the first 17years) said that I remind her of a monkey (actually she said my hair looks like a monkeys hair). Gene :loveya:

AKProbeGT

Thanks guys. Using some of the texture sites posted about I was able to come up with something close enough for my purposes.

Attachments

• Layout 10-13.jpg
    Layout 10-13.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54

p3

Getting there. Maybe I could just take screen shots of steps to do it and upload it on my site. A little more time consuming than video.

On that note, people in this post - when it comes to tutorials how do you prefer to view them? Text tutorials with images or video of step by step? Sometimes I don't like video tutorials because I have to constantly stop/pause and play.

AKProbeGT

Getting there. Maybe I could just take screen shots of steps to do it and upload it on my site. A little more time consuming than video.

On that note, people in this post - when it comes to tutorials how do you prefer to view them? Text tutorials with images or video of step by step? Sometimes I don't like video tutorials because I have to constantly stop/pause and play.

Customer loved what I showed them so while I appreciate it you don't have to do this for my sake. I like text tutorials with pictures best. I find videos either go too fast or too slow.

p3

Yeah I agree - more is better! The tut is made, I just can't edit it/export it from Camtasia because it keeps crashing. I'm going to try and go back to my PC since it never had issues and see if I can get it up online.