• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I destroy this sign?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I want to replace this with a foamcraft sign with poles in the ground. How would I get rid of the brick? Looks like concrete pad underneath. What should it cost?

20200819_111221.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Actually, for me, my neighbor has all that equipment.

Around here lately, they've been putting in new handicapped crosswalks with those special ramps at all the corners. No clue whose paying for it, but they come in with a little bobcat, drilling it, take the mini backhoe and lift all the pavements and curbs into the dump and they have the whole corner done in about 3 hours. They're now, putting in the rebar.

Billct2

Does it have to be in the same exact spot? Why not move it over a couple feet? The brick will probably come down easy with a sledge and then leave the pad.
Or I've been wanting to try one of those mini excavators, add the rental cost and a days labor.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Whatever you do, save this photo for any "worst sign design ever" contests that pop up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Does it have to be in the same exact spot? Why not move it over a couple feet? The brick will probably come down easy with a sledge and then leave the pad.
Or I've been wanting to try one of those mini excavators, add the rental cost and a days labor.

I thought about that... moving the sign to avoid that pad.

unclebun

Don't put the brick and concrete in Gino's dumpster. Put it in his customer's dumpster when he drops it off the night before a lettering job so it's not late.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would call my buddy Jeff the excavator. Nice cash job for a Saturday or an in-between-jobs job.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, I gave them two options... They can call a company to remove the concrete pad and bricks, or we can knock the sign down and put the new one next to it. I ain't fucking around with a back hoe and concrete right now... I just want to put a new sign up and leave.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All kidding aside..... around here, that new sign would need stamped engineer drawings and you'd probably not be allowed to use that old pad over again for a new sign, unless you could verify everything about it according to codes. Sometimes between codes, and all the un-install and re-install costs, it'll cost more for that part of the job, than the actual sign itself.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Buy a big sledge from Amazon, put your big girl pants on and go knock it down. Then go throw it all in Gino's dumpster after he closes shop for the day

you're making my back sore just reading about breaking up that slab..,

does texas still have chain gangs?