• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do I flush the hydraulics on my versalift

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
how do I flush the hydraulics on my versalift. I belive the hydraulic fluid has moisture water in it and I have to flush it all out.
Anyone know the procedure to completely flush all cylinders and tank?
It is a versalift bucket model TEL29N. see photo of plate attached.

also, before everyone suggests going to the local dealer, I have dealt with them in the past and they have scammed / ripped me off and do not trust them to do it. I was told it is not that complicated so am wanting to see what all is involved to see if I can do it.

Attachments

• 20191113_072151.jpg
    20191113_072151.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 649

d fleming

Don't use the dealer. Look for another lift service/sales/repair company near you. I have the good fortune of having a very good friend who owns such a company and keeps my old telsta on the road. A forklift repair company should be able to handle this properly.

bannertime

I briefly did electrical systems on fracking equipment and the hydraulic guys had a hydraulic pump rig for draining and filling. There may be a hydraulic tool repair guy around you that has something like that.

signage

We all complain about not sign people asking how to make a sign, why don't you just get it done by a professional? They need to earn a living also!

signage

All we do is bitch about people doing it there self or asking how to get it cheaper, then we do the same thing. Just doesn't make sense!

Mainframe

My lift is an altec, they have free factory tech support, maybe call the manufacturer and they will help also, worth a try.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
when i bought my versslift, it hadn't run in 15 months
3 companies worked on it & mad it worse
the versalift people were incredibly helpful, have your serial and rev numbers ready
they can talk you through alot

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
We all complain about not sign people asking how to make a sign, why don't you just get it done by a professional? They need to earn a living also!
yes I agree!! which is what I have done. But he called me yesterday and still can't figure out what the problem is. I have had all kinds of problems like these in the past and always look to anyone that may have had similar issues and see if there is a simple EASY fix. Most of the time there is! Quick easy fix from friends with experience is most times much less costly than getting a "Professional" to do it. LOL