• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I install "Printing to Adobe PDF"?

TheSnowman

I recently upgraded computers, and installed my old copy of CS2, (because it still works fine for me, and I'm cheap) but this time when it installed, I didn't have the option from Acrobat Pro to "Print to Adobe PDF". I had some freebee software on here that I've been using, but now it's telling me it's expiring. I liked it because it was fast and it worked good, and since it's Adobe, I'd rather use it than a free online one that heckles me with pop up stuff.

Anyone know where I go to install it? I assume it's just something needing to be "turned on", but I googled it and didn't find anything. Tips?

Rob_maxgrafix

to my knowledge, I thought that you had to have acrobat pro, not just the reader. that will install the pdf virtual printer.

WildWestDesigns

Uninstall the freebie stuff and Acrobat Pro and then Reinstall Pro and see if that brings it up. PDF Maker to my knowledge doesn't have something that you have to select to "turn it on".

signswi

yeah acrobat pro - but cutepdf is faster

cutepdf is not a quality pdf distiller. The acrobat pro distiller engine is far, far superior.

Also, OP, have you just tried selecting Adobe PDF from your available printers? That's how you select Print to PDF in most programs. If Adobe PDF isn't in your Printers list then reinstall it.

J Hill Designs

if Im creating for output, I use corel's output as pdf option - for saving emails etc I use cutepdf because acrobatPDF printer is waaay slow

WildWestDesigns

if Im creating for output, I use corel's output as pdf option - for saving emails etc I use cutepdf because acrobatPDF printer is waaay slow

I would be looking at something else being the issue then. I haven't had an issue, but I don't use the "Print to PDF" option in the program, I use PDF Maker which is a plugin for Outlook to convert emails to PDFs.

Rob_maxgrafix

I do have Acrobat Pro, that's what I said, I used to have the option, and now I don't.

my bad, gotta read better. there is no option for turning off the pdf virtual printer. check your devices and printers menu. the pdf printer should come up in the list as an actual printer. if not, check your device manager and see if there's no issue with the drivers.

TheSnowman

I don't just want it within Acrobat...I used it for everything I printed to PDF. I do paperless filing, so everything is sent to that. I'll try what was advised and see what I can figure out. It just never showed up as an option on the new computer.

WildWestDesigns

I don't just want it within Acrobat...I used it for everything I printed to PDF. I do paperless filing, so everything is sent to that. I'll try what was advised and see what I can figure out. It just never showed up as an option on the new computer.

If you have the driver for the Adobe PDF "Printer" it should be there for all programs. At least all the programs that I deal with.

PDF Maker, which is Adobe's plugin for Acrobat, works with your Microsoft Office programs. I only have Outlook, I use LibreOffice for all the other programs and the plugin doesn't work for open source programs.

royster13

Do you have a newer version of Acrobat Reader installed......That messes up Acrobat Pro if it is over than Reader....