• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How do I keep the print head from getting clogged over the weekend? (SS21 Ink)

gsz2020

Hi, I own a Mimaki CJV30-130 using original Mimaki SS21 ink cartridges. The print head will always get clogged if I don't use the printer for 2 days. I had to ran head cleaning on every Monday.

Is there any way to prevent the print head from getting clogged?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you have auto cleaning turned on? If not, that's the issue. If you do, then I would start by changing the cap top and making sure the pumps are not clogged.

Last edited:

AKwrapguy

Hi, I own a Mimaki CJV30-130 using original Mimaki SS21 ink cartridges. The print head will always get clogged if I don't use the printer for 2 days. I had to ran head cleaning on every Monday.

Is there any way to prevent the print head from getting clogged?

How often are you cleaning the print heads and capping station? This could be the issue. Also since it's solvent you probably need to change the time between cycling to every 4 hours or so.

gsz2020

The cleaning time in sleep mode is off by default according to the manual. Should I turn it on?

Do you have auto cleaning turned on? If not, that's the issue. If you do, then I would start by changing the cap top and making sure the pumps are not clogged.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The cleaning time in sleep mode is off by default according to the manual. Should I turn it on?

Yeah turn it on to at least 8 hours. That way it does a cleaning 3 times a day when you aren't using it at all. If you want to save money on waste ink, you can make it more like 12 hours but you run the risk of it drying out sooner. Usually my customers stick around 8 to 12.