• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you bypass handguard on a Ledco Econocraft 30" laminator?

RG

Has anyone out there ever rigged this laminator so that it can be used without the handguard in place? If so, please enlighten me as to how to do this. I know it was working before I bought it. While I was inside paying for it, the guys loading it lost a couple of standoffs that are necessary for the handguard to fit. And, without the handguard in place, it won't run. I have seen the switches on the right and left side that are engaged when the safety shield bracket is moved toward the rear. When I engage both of these switches, the laminator should work, but it does not. Each switch has 2 wires going into it. When both switches are engaged, both wires in both switches are hot (120v). This machine is about 20 years old and Ledco makes other, larger laminators, too. This laminator needs a few parts and I'd like to make sure it will run before I buy parts for it. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Econocraft.JPG
    Econocraft.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 156

MikeH

Give LEDCO a call 800-937-9293 get the parts you need to put the hand guard back on so the laminator runs as designed. Better safe than trying to work with a broken hand.