• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you guys lift large panels using your bucket trucks?

WhatsYourSign?

I recall seeing a thread where people showed pictures of how they attach 2x4s to the bottom of their buckets to hold the panels but I can't find the thread now.

I'd love to see how you guys are lifting your large panels into the air for installation.

Thank you in advance!

d fleming

If it's too big for the top of my boot I clamp a piece of lumber to the basket. My basket is open bar.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I put 2x4's on the bottom with a bolt at the end to prevent the sign from kicking out. I also run a strap from the bottom of the bucket around the sign and into the basket so I don't have to hold it in place while I operate the controls. The blanket is to prevent scratching.

Two buckets if the sign is 20' long...lol

Je8iuWl-ai6KhK8JOrm9tIjC_SPH78pL8Cwax55mqLojSPC-LXrB8LkXD3AS0to0LHySFYrpTRGCnK8sGvFFKdERBkjeHjf255nMAEJInZR3N4bD8GsOUd5n3IdDBYwPZ8FSlU2b5uQ=w320-h658-no
7vbK1dWyXe1rVOLslxK0FsjqKN_5k7_3xCX-l5YonRnOujgJwYmlXG8Lmfa649019Dq3hr-nFPJZgpHBfFW7qCt0wngQMCQ8lORiVlBoncfzDDc5l3ZE9xX5qVfJxZoQGCePQhwYUDU=w1280-h623-no

Last edited:

WhatsYourSign?

Does anyone on your staff have any sign experience?

I put 2x4's on the bottom with a bolt at the end to prevent the sign from kicking out. I also run a strap from the bottom of the bucket around the sign and into the basket so I don't have to hold it in place while I operate the controls. The blanket is to prevent scratching.

Two buckets if the sign is 20' long...lol

Je8iuWl-ai6KhK8JOrm9tIjC_SPH78pL8Cwax55mqLojSPC-LXrB8LkXD3AS0to0LHySFYrpTRGCnK8sGvFFKdERBkjeHjf255nMAEJInZR3N4bD8GsOUd5n3IdDBYwPZ8FSlU2b5uQ=w320-h658-no
7vbK1dWyXe1rVOLslxK0FsjqKN_5k7_3xCX-l5YonRnOujgJwYmlXG8Lmfa649019Dq3hr-nFPJZgpHBfFW7qCt0wngQMCQ8lORiVlBoncfzDDc5l3ZE9xX5qVfJxZoQGCePQhwYUDU=w1280-h623-no

This is extremely helpful, thank you.

Do you happen to have a picture of the top down to show how the lumber connects to the bucket and how the sign is kept from the slipping off?

I'm guessing this is pretty simple and straightforward, but it'd be helpful to see if you do happen to have a picture from that perspective.

jman

Me and you are the always the ones getting bashed but these are pretty damn good questions. Keep it up my man!

I'd think there would be some sort of "lip" on the end so the sign doesn't slip out.

Again, there isn't a signs for dummies book so you gotta learn somehow!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No I mean, he was asking about a water tower the other day and one would assume.... ah nevermind.

You could get fancy and use an "L" bracket at the end of the 2x4's to keep the sign from kicking out, but I found that having one screw that is quickly and easily removable is more valuable. I also used to use square tubing with bolts and washers, but keeping it simple with 2x4's, screws and washers facing down so you can undo them in from inside the bucket is more valuable. On several occasions, loosing the 2x4s while you're in the air is necessary...just yell "Geranaamooooo" when they fall

jV5bU4IuLuBNStTrNhCxgVwOQBjmdC5HfQAW4-LZyst8ilNjmqd6O5oxcbxtHR3dn3iUd2NTg2_aSp4C1UZMapcaWqygMabQFpTaOd_yaltSJOlh6mgBEpSVnAeep2QSdnyn9sfDS9U=w1920-h934-no

agTqEbRoeUHpat8FAZjfSqx98SX8GH5haxNjczi79U5cHnExCTUpgeRYIZvtfTgG-U5H3Wi0FSvZk5QQzBaIlJhjEmGcssZW9MUlxXawCqjXZtya1JWgWT8grPLoEtZmuUnZLdCbVXw=w457-h938-no

C-j-TjAv30yvGRQvqUW-9tnWtzeFdUflJPXmQ3SD4JtVC7JZBM3rwNWmWLy719Fx0cdF5e7Gv84bzwS7-PokxxhrKRHWjdTw_dK5v5ZTsoc0AD6bljcYkkYNt-K1W_iTEYvkvy4LrYw=w1920-h934-no

RDZsIgSAAg3xaV92-IzJoitVsq1kiMTGmOhMn8Wr7YS3rrYmSGfRM_BZbhioQ0P3O8-oh5jQ_rT7aXT3EVCkbMpgKVA__GyYDYM7QlSmwUwHtG2AT6rj4uH3pLIdI_oNv3K2g-K7xBA=w539-h938-no

Last edited:

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
We weldd a unistrut on top of an angle and bolt the angle thru bucket and liner.
We also have a spreader we made with ratchet traps for largeer panel when we use the material handler.