• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you mark and hand-cut black material?

Dukenukem117

What's a good way to scribe pure black material? Chalk? Pen? Tape? Blood? And other than big rulers, are there any tools or techniques for quickly measuring and marking a big rectangle?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What's a good way to scribe pure black material? Chalk? Pen? Tape? Blood? And other than big rulers, are there any tools or techniques for quickly measuring and marking a big rectangle?
Flip it over, mark the backing, and cut until done or blood loss forces a stoppage.

ikarasu

Grease pens work and wipe off easily.

What size and how many? If you're cutting a lot of the same size... Just cut a template out of something else and use it to do repeat cuts

Dukenukem117

Grease pens work and wipe off easily.

What size and how many? If you're cutting a lot of the same size... Just cut a template out of something else and use it to do repeat cuts

Sizes are a bit all over the map unfortunately, but most will be at least 4'x5'. I ordered the color pencils to see how that works as it seemed like the least messy way to start.