• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you roll your printed banners ?

Do you roll your banners with the ink inside (or) outside ?

• Total voters

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Immediately after printing, they usually are rolled graphics in, but when going out the door, usually graphics out, unless double-sided, which then however you feel comfortable.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Before printing took over banner imaging, rolling banners with the cut vinyl graphics out was the best way to avoid tunneling and other damage to the bond between the graphics and the banner. I still do it that way out of habit.

sfr table hockey

Before printing took over banner imaging, rolling banners with the cut vinyl graphics out was the best way to avoid tunneling and other damage to the bond between the graphics and the banner. I still do it that way out of habit.

This is also the same for a taped hem. Rolling graphic side out keeps the hem nicer but if the banner is not wrapped with paper to be stored you risk scratching the face. If you have a tube to store them in, its not an issue.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

That's probably why we do, also... more out of habit.

For the others concerned about damaging them..... how do they get damaged if they are rolled up and have a cover over them ?? If we're installing them, we know how to handle them. When we roll a banner up, the last foot or so has an insert about 30" or so rolled in and then the inset becomes the outside wrapper.

Can't say I remember a customer or a worker ruining a banner from scraping it along a sharp object or running into a wall or something.

Replicator

Digital In
Cut Out
for me also . . . Always has been.
. . . and yes, I have damaged a banner by scratching it :-(

splizaat

Outside. We roll our banners up a couple hours after being printed...if we roll them with graphic toward the inside and something happens to smash the banner, the core is touching ink to ink.

Pat Whatley

Another reason we roll them with the graphics in is so when the customer comes in to pick it up I can grab one end and roll the banner out on the floor graphics side up. If the graphics are on the outside it rolls out graphics side down and then I have to flip it over and wipe any dust and dirt from the floor off of it.

Nope, you outside people are doing it wrong. Same type of people who put the toilet paper on the holder wrong.

10sacer

We do ours with graphics out with a taped hem and graphics in with a sewn hem. Either way - they always get wrapped with paper and sealed with a company decal and a printout of the banner is taped to the paper with the specs on it.

Suz

Whatever works, that's how I roll!:tongue:

Really, I roll them both ways, depends on how I make them. What Fred said for rolling with graphics out though, when I cad cut vinyl. And yes, when I started digital printing, I started rolling them graphics in.

TXFB.INS

We do ours with graphics out with a taped hem and graphics in with a sewn hem. Either way - they always get wrapped with paper and sealed with a company decal and a printout of the banner is taped to the paper with the specs on it.

with this much effort going into banners, can it be assumed you are NOT charging the typical $5 per SQFT?