• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you use your laminator?

stickerman12

I am going to get my first laminator and have narrowed it down to a USTECH but not sure on the model. The VT-600 is about $1200 less than the Pro 65c. The major difference is the take up reels. They both have a powered take up for the liner paper but the Pro 65c has a take up for the laminated vinyl making it able to laminate roll to roll. I have a 5 ft x 16 ft table to let the laminated print come out on. My question is would you prefer to let the laminated print just come out on the table or roll up on the reel? I will be doing wraps, decals 4 x 8's, etc. Thanks for any advice!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I Have 2 VT600's and they are not as well built as my seal but I have one dedicated to wrap lam and am very happy with it. I prefer to output to a table rather than roll (just personal preference).

For a little over 2 grand you can't go wrong . The equivalent seal will be many times that.

xxaxx

Output to a table so its easy to cut it into sheets while feeding ... I have used the take-up roll before and it is just extra work.

petesign

Have had both before. I have one with a roll to roll, and love it. You can choose not to use it when you dont need it, but for long runs, its nice to hit the button and let it go. makes it a simple one man job.

MikePro

i don't use a take-up roll for my laminated prints.
only laminate-feed, backing take-up, and possibly a print feed roller is necessary for proper lamination.

my laminator also has wheels, which allows me to roll out into the shop and use two tables to feed/accept panels for graphic applications. basically turning my laminator into a "big squeegee". works great for my retail store packages, which lead to 40+ 2'x8' panels to be applied double-sided with prints. (30+ stores so far for just one of my clients, which is 2400 2'x8' prints I haven't had to completely apply by hand.)