• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do YOU use your parentheses?

Do you edit your parentheses?

• YES!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

deadman

Just curious, how many of you leave them the way they type in compaired to editing them?

We edited them for years, but have stopped. Every once in a while a customer questions it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What are you talking about ??

We had a heck of a party here at the shop yesterday and it ended way late last night..... maybe I just can't comprehend, but can anyone explain this one to me ??

SignManiac

I embellish all of mine with custom made scrolls. I always enhance my kerning on them so they become the dominate design element. It's my signature style that sets me apart from the competition.

mikey-Oh

While I don't always use parentheses, when I do I tend to shift the baseline up a bit so it's closer to center.
Stay Thirsty my Friends.
:toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Editing? Do you mean kerning? Or shifting them up or down re the baseline?

Both Old Goat Roper

Ahhhhhh...... now I get it.

Are you talking about in brochures, literature and other written stuff.... or on a regular sign ??

For the life of me, I can't remember using parentheses any signs in over 20 years.... unless their was some mathematical equation being used.

J

john1

Oh man, My Father and i got into a HUGE debate over this on something he wanted done.

I ended up editing them just to hush him up but it was a pretty bad debate cause he said "the computers wrong" lol