• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does this fly...no pun intended

Evan Gillette

These were sent from a friend at the Springfield Illinois airport. I don't understand. My closest guess is adhesive failure and the janitors stuck them back on. Could be a great opportunity for a local shop.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It still reads alright. Ya know..... aesthetics ain't everything..................

rydods

Member for quite some time.
My guess would be, that somehow the job was given to one of the employees there at the airport. Government/union employee who just did a job (that's not supposed to be theirs) the best they could, and the fastest. I mean that in the nicest way possible. There are some amazing workers and some are just awful.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
May not be a commercial sign shop making those. I know at Southwest FLA airport, there is just one or two guys that work in the airport's own "sign shop" doing their signs all day.

sardocs

Gino - Litter-ally is a word used to describe a situation where the spelling is correct, but the job looks like trash on the highway.

burgmurk

"we don't want to pay you every time we need text changed on our signs, just give us 20 of every letter and we'll do it ourselves."

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
rOYmQHM.jpg

JERHEMI

These were sent from a friend at the Springfield Illinois airport. I don't understand. My closest guess is adhesive failure and the janitors stuck them back on. Could be a great opportunity for a local shop.

They got what they paid for....they went out for bid and they chose the lowest bid!

• Agree
Reactions: KMC