• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How hot is to HOT

No Lemon

I went to a customers shop today to put on some basic stripes on a 23 foot boat with a fishing tower and there was no shade anywhere on his property. In Phoenix Az it was 99 degrees by 11:00am. I had everything cut out of Oracle 751 Cast vinyl. The vinyl was pretty soft and stuck to anything it touched and would stretch if you pulled on it at all. I ended up cancelling and rescheduled the job.

Any Tips and tricks? I am thinking about installing it wet maybe? I told them I would have to do it at my shop but its still to tall to get it in my shop with the tower but I could work on each side by moving the boat around and getting some shade.

Thanks for any ideas.

visual800

I do not care to "fight" with premium vinyl at high temps. I would suggest getting up and started at 5am small price to pay for not redoing parts

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Can you put premask on the stripes? That would help with the stretching

^^^^^^ From personal experience, do this. ^^^^^^^

Just mask the stuff. Unlike vinyl, mask is pretty much unaffected by temperature. On the other hand, vinyl's dimensional stability varies wildly with temperature.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try AirMask 510, it doesn't stretch at all and has a good bond in the AZ heat.

Good luck with outdoor installs in AZ we do it all the time and it's no fun