• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How is this Laminator Seal 62 Ultra C, Any one using it?

Nuagedesigns

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seal-62-Ultra-C...ryZ46693QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found this laminator on EBAY, spoke with distributor that is selling it got all the info on it. Just curious as to the pros and cons from people that are using it. I was saving up for a Royal Soverign but seen this and can work with the price a little. I will be using this mainly for vehicle wraps and 54in vinyl graphics with the occasional 30 in material as well. Thanks for any info.

ChiknNutz

I've not used one, but looks like a good price. I can't quite tell, does it have a release-liner take up shaft? I'd assume so, but don't know the specs and am too lazy to look them up right now :p

vid

despise, hate, dread... boss got a good deal on it, though.

It was awkward for me to use for large media. There's not a release liner take-up. It seemed like it took too many people to operate. We had to develop some work arounds to get it to do what we wanted involving big tables and a 5' x 10' MDO sled. But, we never to the time to set it up to work well for us --- we just cursed it. Then traded it for the Seal Base 64 (I think that's the model.) I trried to break it so we would have to get a different one. It's a Seal, though, and it was built to handle my abuses.

Had a vendor, who sells laminators, walk in for a sales call and stare at it with her mouth open shaking her head offended and wondering why we didn't at least ask her for advice. She descrbed it as completely the wrong laminator for a sign shop --- print shop it would work.

--- even the Seal Rep that set it up was hesitant in suggesting it was the best laminator for our use. He screwed up prints and and tried to come up with work arounds when he installed it. The same guy came to install the new one a year later and still apologized for the incidents with the first one.

It worked sufficiently for small media, though...

I'd suggest you save you money for a more appropriate one for wraps.

jus my .o2

ChiknNutz

Not to hijack this at all, but what do you recommend? We're kinda in the market for a nicer one than our DingTec...which we'll use strictly for mounting. One of my guys says the ones he's used and likes has some sort of spring compensation built into the machine. I've found one or two that have this, but seems most of the 'mainstream' laminators don't have this (now I forget which have this spring jibrone).

Kevin T

For my money Seal has pretty much the best laminators. But that particular model may not be what you need. It's your basic cold laminator with no bells and whistles. I wouldn't buy one without a take-up, it's just to much aggro if you are doing any kind of volume.

k.a.s.

My one rep that sells Seals told me that I need a Seal...but not that one. He said he does not try to sell it to anyone. I ended up with a 54 base that has worked well. I cannot imagine trying to laminate w/o a take up, seems like it would be a major PITA.

Kevin

Nuagedesigns

Thank you everyone for the ressponses yes the no take up reel was on my mind. Im gonna wait till I can buy the Royal Soverign.

Beavis

well personally i hope you change your mind... we couldn't work a day with out it. transfer tape laminate print jobs it is a good work horse. you need to learn to use it you just can't jump into and run. takes us 2 people to operate on big jobs and one person on small jobs (up to 30 inch for small jobs) i would recommend it to everyone if they are willing to learn how to use it and don't need it for a rush. laminators are a pain in the butt in general theres no getting around it.

P

ProWraps™

you can get the enduralam (dingtec) 65" model with take up, and top an bottom laminating capability for that price. we have one. works amazing.

Big House Signs

we have a 62 ultra c...it's what Grimco suggested we get. At first very intimidating, but now totally happy with it. Doe a greAT JOB.
pAULA

ChiknNutz

Huh, I can't imagine spending big-bucks on one that doesn't have a release liner take up system. I hate not having that on mine. Well, it kinda does, but it's a very manual method of doing so and is prone to causing problems.

Capital Signs

Is the enduralam a knockoff of the Seal? If it is, is it worth getting and not paying the price of a seal? Is it made by seal???

wildside

it does have a take up reel, it just is not automatic

there is a bar on top, you put a weighted roll on, tape your liner to it, start it by hand, and as the laminator runs, friction and gravity auto turns it for you and works perfectly fine

we love ours and wouldn't part with it for nothing, we even had our guys weld up a feed system for it that has tension and works well although we did lose the ability to encapsulate with it which isn't good without heat anyway

eventually we will get the seal pro 600 and turn this one into a mounting machine solely, but works wonderful once you take the time to know how to use it, which was an hour for me...

BobsBigSigns

Hi! I have just bought one of these and it didnt come with that take up roller. Could you post of video of how yours works and the custom table you made? Really appreciate the help!

it does have a take up reel, it just is not automatic

there is a bar on top, you put a weighted roll on, tape your liner to it, start it by hand, and as the laminator runs, friction and gravity auto turns it for you and works perfectly fine

we love ours and wouldn't part with it for nothing, we even had our guys weld up a feed system for it that has tension and works well although we did lose the ability to encapsulate with it which isn't good without heat anyway

eventually we will get the seal pro 600 and turn this one into a mounting machine solely, but works wonderful once you take the time to know how to use it, which was an hour for me...