• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions How many of you are having this happening................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about you guys/gals, but in the past few years the telemarketers/spam/nonsense calls are getting increasingly annoying. They call about anything from giving you business credit to credit card machine threats or even better prices on your insurance. I've often had fun playing games with these jokers. I have about a dozen or so comebacks which usually leaves them speechless, but today, I just started a new one. With the last year or so of being bombarded with this stuff, I started talking back in a fashion, they couldn't understand me..... just like I can't understand their gibberish. I did it yesterday and again, just a few minutes ago.

Heeello, Eyed leek to speeek to thee persin een charge of porchassing eelectriceety for yew.

Oh.... dwab riiew asin mees aa seeerios quetchun oh wot ?? Mmewb caan note unnerstood yew. Wot deed yew see ?? Usually they hang up before the second sentence is finished. It's fun and only takes about 2 minutes out of your day to just relax and have some fun back.

Some of my old comebacks were......​
  • I'm sorry, but the person you asked for died yesterday.
  • Sorry, but he has bad diarrhea and is squirting things out in the toilet.
  • Please call me back, I'm in the middle of getting a blow job.
  • Grunting, I say.... uggh call me later, I'm taking a crap.
  • No, we don't use electricity here.
  • Ask them if they understand English....... good-bye

:roflmao:
:wavingflag:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Might try that.

I had one call the other day. I told him i'd call him back. he called back 5 mins later, and he asked for me. realising its the same person, i yelled at him because i'd call him back. he asked when. i said i dont know maybe next week we'll see.

billsines

For us in Indiana, it's mostly vehicle warranties. I told one person I had a 1990 Chevette...she said "you mean Corvette?" I said "Chevette, Corvette, same difference." I got pretty far up the chain, they were going to give me a warranty on my 90 Chevette with 148,992 miles. That is until I got transferred to a person that knows what a Chevette is.

I did also get a survey from Suburban Propane on why I wanted to discontinue using them for my propane needs. I told them I don't live in the suburbs, so I can't really use Suburban Propane.

Some ask for CC numbers. I painfully, slowly give them 1,2,3,4,5,6 and see how far I get until they hang up.

Marlene

we get a ton of calls that want to talk to the owner. I ask them why would they want to do that. throws them way off

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha...... those people don't understand the term anyway. It's just fun saying it over the phone.

Billct2

I used to have fun with them, sometimes. But now they are so damn frequent I just hang up, and half the time now it's a machine.
If I'm bored my favorites are the ones that want to give a business loan. I feign interest and somehow let it slip that I have no intention of paying it back,
along with the other 5 I've applied for.

d fleming

My wife tries to beat me to the phone when it comes up on caller id to be garbage. She says I'm too rough.

Joe House

The best thing I did about this was switch to Vonage phone service (not a commercial here, I'm sure other providers accommodate this) and I get to block the numbers that I don't want calling me. They still come, but they are dropping dramatically.

dgerb

"I can't discuss new business with you until your account is current. I can take your credit card now, or we wait until your account is paid in full. I'm ready for your card number now" usually throws them off their script.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Andy D

The app Mr. Number used to be awesome.. But they're getting through that now too. It seems to have gotten 10 times worse in the past year or two... They have started having the # come up as if it's someone you know... My wife had one come up as my number one time.

Last edited:

Bly

If I'm in the mood to play I'll say hang on I'll get him... then see how long they stay on the line waiting.
Though usually I just hang up without saying a word.

Kottwitz-Graphics

my problem is that more than half the time it is a recording.

I usually just tell them to take me off their call list, and hang up. Sometimes I'll mess with them by telling them that this is the 3rd time that they have called, and according to Maryland law, they have broken the do not contact list, and that I'm entitled to $1000, payable to me, and I can wait to get their credit card to pay me...I can take it right over the phone.... They hang up pretty quickly.

Several years ago, I had gotten someone live, and my son had just walked in the door, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: hello?
Caller: May I speak with Mark Kottwitz?
Me: who is calling?
Caller : this is ....<and he starts the spiel>...
Me. Excuse me, but this is Detective Johns, with Eantonville PD (a made up town...Can't nail me for impersonating a LE), but how did you know Mr. Kottwitz?
Caller: stammers, " I really didn't"
Me: " hold on" <pulls phone away from ear>, "make sure you get good clear photos of the body, and the blood spatter" <phone back to ear> "Mr. Kottwitz was found murdered, and we have traced this call, and the local pd are on their way to your location now. How did you know Mr. Kottwitz?"
caller: "I really didn't, I'm just a telemarketer"...and he started freaking....

I messed with him for a few minutes, and then told him to remain at his location until the local officers arrive to interview him... I wonder how long he stayed at work that night?

I have been getting calls from that IRS scam, and I call them back, and tell the guy that I would like the women's department, I'm not into the whole gay phone sex thing, but I would like to talk to an "Indian princess"...

gabagoo

This can be very annoying when you work by yourself and in the middle of doing something tedious. I hang up on them or say that I am very interested in what they are selling but have to clear a line, can you wait a minute? I never go back and until I hear the music come back on the phone speaker, I know how long they waited before giving up.

With many of these idiots that call , you say hello and then there is this pause and then you hear them and they say "Hello?" At that point I say Hi is Jimmy there? It gets them everytime!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, how many of you have heard from ......

Hi...... this is Scott and based on your...............?? I usually hang up on this guy. He's called in from local numbers and just about every state in the union. That guy is like everywhere.​

burgmurk

My record is about 45 minutes of back and forth with "uh which one is the shift key?" type trolling, but sometimes i put my toddler on the line, or play them a trombone solo. I feel the longer i can keep them busy, the more old folks I save from being scammed.