• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much is you rent

If you have a storefront. How much is your rent.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juan45215

I'm just about to move into a larger space. Just wondering how much other shop owners are paying for rent.

ChiknNutz

I don't have a storefront, but have looked into it. Most commercial spaces are about a buck a foot or a bit more plus triple-net as they call it around here (or $12 a foot depending on how you look at it). Nicer locations can go for much higher. There is a new little strip of about 5 or 6 spaces...nice, but not THAT nice. I called on it and was shocked that it was around $35 a foot if memory serves! The absolute cheapest I've seen locally is about $.50 per SF per mo. and that was a place w/o heat or bathroom...essentially just storage space!

TheSnowman

We're in the midst of renovating a 5,000 sq. ft. building. About 2,500 of it will be climate controlled, plus it's got 4 service bays. Should work out GREAT!...hope that the payment isn't too insaine!

juan45215

I'm currently paying $1200 a month for 1200 sq ft. The new place is about 2900 sq ft. He's asking $2500, I offered $2000. We'll probably end up somewhere in the middle. The neat thing is there's car wash attached to the back of the building. He must be behind on his rent because the owner told me that I can work on vehicles in one of his bays.

I'm just nervous about doubling my rent.

blackicefx

sounds like I have the best deal. I'm moving into a M-1 zoned location. 1500 sq ft for $650/mo. I have a reception office, a display room/consultation room, a production area and a sealed overhead bay.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

wildhock

3000+ .....wow.

I am at $370 800 sf for storefront. and $230 for an additional 600 sf of storage and shop space in the same building.

SignosaurusRex

More than I want to pay.....less than It could be. I don't always pay it....but then I lease to myself.......so I don't always collect. LOL....I'm kind of kidding:rolleyes::Big Laugh

Last edited:

cdiesel

Our new shop is 6600sq ft, and we're at $13.20 a foot/year +NNN.. Should work out to about $15/foot. It's a lot more than we pay now, but it should allow us to be much more efficient.

kstompaint

My new one is $1000. 2000 sq ft insulated shop space with a 14' door, 920 sq ft insulated office and 4000 sq ft uninsulated storage with another 14' door. I sublet part of the storage space for $250 and have a few guys interested in car storage at $50/ a month. I'm currently down to $750 for myself but it'll probably end up around $600. Plus I have my boat and a couple of my cars in the storage. I think it should work out well.

gabagoo

we have a 1800 sq. ft with a 14' drive in door. We also built a second floor with a mezanine so I figure our square footage is now at 2500 sq ft and still tight for storage. The rent is about $1600.00 in an industrial/commercial area of a sprawling suberb.

wildside

its always fascinating to see the different going rates around the country, we are currently in the middle of a move, to a shop that has 2000 sq foot office space, and 3000 sq foot shop with 14 foot door, and are paying $250 for it!!

i remember up in wisconsin, 1500 sqft ran $2500 a month

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Anyway, ours isn't rent, but a mortgage payment...... does that count ?? However, we have another building on our property that we rent and that pays for almost 2/3's of it so I guess we're doing Okay.