• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How often does the waste ink Bottle fill up

badouali

I went today and found out that the waste ink bottle was full with ink. I also noticed that both my cyan cartridges are completely empty. The last time it did that, the black cartridges where empty. What could be the cause of this because i have just wasted over $240 worth of ink.

CL Graphics

i think mine gets emptied every couple months. it must be siphoning ink when its not running. i am guessing your capping station height needs adjusted.

iceman64

Try checking if your pumps are OK.
If your pump doesn't seal off the tubing correctly, your cartridges might just run empty.
You may also check your dampers, leaking dampers can also be trouble.

Succes

badouali

I think i need to change the capping station then cos its not normal the way it just siphoned up all the ink in the blue cartridge. The pumps are new so i dont think thats the problem.

TheSnowman

I'd say mine is every 2 - 3 months. Kinda depends I guess. It's not often enough that I think about it.

NZDR-Payne

The JV3 has a mesh screen in the cap top but it will do the same thing. If that mesh screen contacts the print head it can cause the same siphon affect.

thewood

I've seen this occur when the cap tops were not emptying properly after sleep cleanings due to a bad pump. I've also seen it happen when a nozzle wash is initiated and the printer is turned of prior to the end of the nozzle wash and the pumps don't get a chance to clean out the fluid from the cap tops. Either one of these can result in cap top(s) full of fluid that will eventually cause a siphon from the cartridges to the waste tank.

badouali

I think the cap tops was touching the heads and that was what caused it. I had a problem with the head height cos it was staining the media when i was printing. So i lifted the head height a bit but then it was not contacting the caps properly due to the fact that when i try to suck with the syringe, nothing comes out. I then adjusted the caps and after that, this happened. So i guess i will just change the cap altogether and try some few adjustments an see. Thanks ever so much guys.