• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to adjust # of passes in Onyx?

Dukenukem117

I have a HP Latex 560 with Onyx 12.1. I was able to find a 10 pass profile for my material but that's it. I would like to be able to do some test prints with various numbers of passes to see how the print quality changes. Is this a setting I toggle in Onyx? I can't seem to find where it is. Is it a quick set thing?

Thanks

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Nope, each profile is made at a certain pass level. No toggles or adjustment available unless you want to edit the media profile... but then you'll need to make a new ICC profile to go with it.

Dukenukem117

I can't just copy paste one profile and go in and change one number? Could I use the same ICC as the original or does that change too?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Amount of ink put down is generally a bit different when you change number of passes, so re-using the ICC can be hit and miss.

We tried to cheat with a profile last week by copying a profile and changing passes from 6 to 8 and the 8 pass version was noticably darker so had to whip out the calibration equipment and start from scratch.

Bly

You create the different pass modes on the printer with HP latex.
Then Onyx syncs and it should show up in the rip.

Bly

I've got 360s - not sure if it's the same on yours. Go to the media in the substrate library and create mode.